Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: some jokes

littlebuddy Guest

Default some jokes

A sailor was caught AWOL as he tried to sneak on board his ship at about 3 am.

The chief petty officer spied him and ordered the sailor to stop. Upon hearing the sailor's lame explanation for his tardiness, the officer ordered the sailor, "Take this broom and sweep every link on this anchor chain by morning or it's the brig for you!"

The sailor began to pick up the broom and commence performing his charge. As he began to sweep, a tern landed on the broom handle. The sailor yelled at the bird to leave, but it didn't. The lad picked the tern off the broom handle, giving the bird a toss. The bird left, only to return and light once again on the broom handle.

The sailor went through the same routine all over again, with the same result. He couldn't get any cleaning done because he can only sweep at the chain once or twice before the bird returns.

When morning came, so did the chief petty officer, to check up on his wayward sailor.

"What in the heck have you been doing all night? This chain is no cleaner than when you started! What have you to say for yourself, sailor?" barked the chief.

"Honest, chief," came the reply, "I tossed a tern all night and couldn't sweep a link!"

===

How to Bathe the Cat
    1. Thoroughly clean toilet.
    2. Lift both lids and add shampoo
    3. Find and soothe cat as you carry it to the bathroom.
    4. In one swift move, place cat in toilet, close both lids, and stand on top so cat cannot escape.
    5. The cat will self agitate and will produce ample suds. [[ignore rucus from inside toilet, cat is enjoying this)
    6. Flush toilet 3 or 4 times. This provides power rinse, which is quite effective. Cat is too big to go anywhere.
    7. Have someone open outside door,stand as far from toilet as possible, and quickly lift both lids.
    8. Clean cat will rocket out of toilet and outdoors, where he will air dry. Cat will return when hungry.
    Sincerly, The Dog
    </B></I></U>
    The Pope went on vacation for a few days to visit the rugged mountains of Alaska . He was cruising along the campground in the Pope-Mobile when he heard a frantic commotion just at the edge of the woods. He found a helpless Democrat wearing shorts, sandals, a 'Vote for Obama' hat and a 'Save the Trees' shirt. The man was screaming and struggling frantically, thrashing all about, and trying to free himself from the grasp of a 10-foot grizzly bear.

As the Pope watched in horror, a group of Republican loggers wearing 'Go Sarah' shirts came racing up. One quickly fired a 44 magnum slug right
    into the bear's chest. The two other men pulled the semiconscious Democrat from the bear's grasp. Then using baseball bats, the three loggers
    finished off the bear. Two of the men dragged the dead grizzly onto the bed of their pickup truck while the other tenderly placed the injured Democrat in the back seat.

As they began to leave, the Pope summoned all of the men over to him. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions!" he proudly proclaimed.. "I have heard there was bitter hatred between Republican loggers and Democratic environmental activists, but now I've seen with my own eyes that this is not true."

As the Pope drove off, one logger asked his buddies, "Who the heck was that guy?" "Dude, that was the Pope," another replied. "He's in direct contact with Heaven and has access to all wisdom."

"Well," the logger said, "he may have access to all wisdom, but he doesn't know squat about bear hunting! By the way, is the bait still alive or do we need to go back to Massachusetts and get another one?"

</B></I></U>
    An Irishman was terribly overweight, so his doctor put him on a diet.

'I want you to eat regularly for 2 days, then skip a day,then eat regularly again for 2 days then skip a day ...... And repeat this procedure for 2 weeks.
    The next time I see you, you should have lost at least 5 pounds.'

When the Irishman returned, he shocked the doctor by having lost nearly 60 lbs!

'Why, that's amazing!' the doctor said, 'Did you follow my instructions?'

The Irishman nodded ... 'I'll tell you though, by jaesuz, I t'aut I were going to drop dead on da 3rd day.'

'From the hunger, you mean?' asked the doctor.

'No, from the skippin'

How do you starve an Obama supporter??

Hide their food stamps under their work boots.

Little Bruce and Jenny are only 10 years old, but they know they are in love. One day they decide that they want to get married, so Bruce goes to Jenny's father to ask him for her hand.

Bruce bravely walks up to him and says, "Mr. Smith, me and Jenny are in love and I want to ask you for her hand in marriage."

Thinking that this was just the cutest thing, Mr. Smith replies,
    "Well Bruce, you are only 10.. Where will you two live?"

Without even taking a moment to think about it, Bruce replies, "In Jenny's room. It's bigger than mine and we can both fit there nicely."

Still thinking this is just adorable, Mr. Smith says with a huge grin, "Okay, then how will you live? You're not old enough to get a job. You'll need to support Jenny."

Again, Bruce instantly replies, "Our allowance, Jenny makes five bucks a week and I make 10 bucks a week. That's about 60 bucks a month, so that should do us just fine."

Mr. Smith is impressed Bruce has put so much thought into this. "Well Bruce, it seems like you have everything figured out. I just have one more question. What will you do if the
    two of you should have little children
    of your own?"

Bruce just shrugs his shoulders and says, "Well, we've been lucky so far."

Jesse Jackson was in Sears. He was there to protest the fact that most of the washing machines were white.

So the clerk called the store manager, who asked, "What's the problem here, Reverend?"

Jesse pointed at the machines and loudly bemoaned the fact That most of them were white.

The manager replied, "Well, Reverend, it's true that most of the washing machines are white, but if you'll open the lids, You'll see that all the agitators are black."
    </B></I></U>

Q. Why doesn't the Church of Obama Messiah light candles?

A. Obama wants to keep his followers in the dark.

Here is an example of how quickly things can turn around. According to a recent poll, President Obama's approval rating in California has dropped. In fact, among Hollywood celebrities, it is now down to just 99 percent.

A woman in a hot-air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below.
    She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I
    don't know where I am."
    The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2,346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.
    "She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican."
    "I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"
    "Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct. But I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."
    The man smiled and responded, "You must be an Obama Democrat."
    "I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"
    "Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going.. You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it's my fault."

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x2913563

Why did the Republican cross the road? Because it seemed like, on the side he was on, he was always stepping on something.
    Last edited by maxx; February-09-11 at 05:34 PM.