Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Pundits Comment on Pres. Visit to C of C's Heart of Darkness

http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/20...siness-leaders
    All those pesky regs like the ones requiring new standards for cribs.

You can say what you like, this Prez is a loser. NObama!s been chewed up and spit back out by the corporate world. He's afraid to say anything of substance for fear of offending corporations, racists, etc. Such a bright guy and so lost - like the proverbial 'deer in the headlights'.

The President's job is not to offend people but to get something accomplished despite's the right's interest in doing nothing but winning elections.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    The President's job is not to offend people but to get something accomplished despite's the right's interest in doing nothing but winning elections.
    I didn't say, nor did I imply the president should 'offend' people. See above. But I will say NO!bamas accomplished very little so far with his 'Change You Can Believe In' which amounted to very little real change and his 'Yes, We Can', because he wouldn't so we couldn't. What is NO!bama's slogan now? It was so memorable I forgot it already. At this point in NO!bama's term, we're lucky to be treading water. Maybe this administration's slogan should be, 'Hold On Tight, We're In For a Rough Ride'.

The country seems to be doing well to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Then I'm very happy for you. I look around and I talk to people I know as well as others, and their sentiments don't reflect yours. Nothing scientific, but damn accurate to me. Never in my life have things been as f*^+#d up as they are now. I've never said that the previous el presidente isn't to blame - he was the worst in our country's history. This el presidente was supposed to relieve and correct some of those problems. Let's review what we've achieved; Guantanamo? DADT? Universal medical coverage? Iraq? Afghanistan? Banking regulation? Wall Street reform? Foreclosure assistance? Student loan reform? Military budget reduction? ????????? ad infinitum???????

What does gas cost today [[rhetorical question)? During the Bush administration the supposed left was crying for Bush to do something about the cost of gas. What is NO!bama doing about gas costs today? Where's the outcry? When Bush was in office he was nailed for everything and he damn well deserved it. What about NO!bama? NO!bama's certainly not getting a pass from the idiots who call him racist names and question his birth certificate but he's getting a pass on almost everything else from the same people who nailed Bush. If it's good for the goose.......

Gas prices are rising by use of slow habituation. Corporations love that people have short memories. Before 9/11, gas was what.... $1.25 a gallon? Now over $3 for no reason other than profits.

If the average person is buying 1000 gallons a year [[just my guess), thats $2750 more in profit per person and less for them to spend locally.

What exactly do you want? Have you ever considered that the problem might just be you?

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Then I'm very happy for you. I look around and I talk to people I know as well as others, and their sentiments don't reflect yours. Nothing scientific, but damn accurate to me. Never in my life have things been as f*^+#d up as they are now. I've never said that the previous el presidente isn't to blame - he was the worst in our country's history. This el presidente was supposed to relieve and correct some of those problems. Let's review what we've achieved; Guantanamo? DADT? Universal medical coverage? Iraq? Afghanistan? Banking regulation? Wall Street reform? Foreclosure assistance? Student loan reform? Military budget reduction? ????????? ad infinitum???????

The Dow is over 12,000. The Big 3 are stable again. Activity in Iraq & Afghanistan is ending. Financial meltdown averted. The U.S. is still awesome....

The Dow is over 12,000. The Big 3 are stable again. Activity in Iraq & Afghanistan is ending. Financial meltdown averted. The U.S. is still awesome....
    Better ease off on the blue pills. The Dow might be up partly because financial institutions have parked some of their money on Wall Street that taxpayers gave them. GM is doing so well it has begun building a huge new plant in Brazil and just announced a new factory it plans to build in Mexico since it received taxpayer money. Fiat wouldn't have even considered taking over Chrysler without the taxpayer contribution to the deal. In 2008, the Iraqi Parliament ordered US troops out of Iraq by 2011. I missed the story about how the situation in Afghanistan is under control. The financial meltdown has only been delayed by incurring massive debts and by transferring bank debts to taxpayers; actions which have added to the muddle.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    GM is doing so well it has begun building a huge new plant in Brazil and just announced a new factory it plans to build in Mexico since it received taxpayer money. Fiat wouldn't have even considered taking over Chrysler without the taxpayer contribution to the deal. In 2008, the Iraqi Parliament ordered US troops out of Iraq by 2011. I missed the story about how the situation in Afghanistan is under control. The financial meltdown has only been delayed by incurring massive debts and by transferring bank debts to taxpayers; actions which have added to the muddle.
    Would you have let GM and Chrysler go belly up, and send the unemployment numbers even further into the stratosphere? Even the president's most ardent opponents have to give him credit for saving both companies, and millions of jobs.

Iraq's Parliament has ordered the U.S. out? Do you really believe they have the muscle to "force" our troops out if Washington didn't give them the OK to make that "declaration"?

The economy only being propped up by the tax payers? Again, what would you suggest, let millions more loose their jobs, go into foreclosure and watch the whole frickin country collapse?

Obama is far from perfect, actually he seems to be a Bush clone, but you have to give him some credit for saving this country from another depression.

You are not seeing the forest through the trees. The Federal Reserve and the federal government occasionally flood the lending markets with equity causing resultant economic bubbles which, when bursting, collapse the economy. The culprits who cause such collapsed economies come back with more printed or borrowed money and patch things up temporarily setting the stage for a bigger disaster down the road. Essentially, Chrysler did collapse and the federal government paid Fiat to make the problem go away. If the Federal government had not done so, Chrysler most likely would have gone bankrupt resulting in other foreign car makers, possibly including Fiat, buying up some of the factories and hiring some of the Chrysler employees. This would have been a similar result because not all GM or Chrysler factories and dealerships were put back into operation. Do you miss Hudson, Packard, and Studebacker too? With perpetual government aid, perhaps they could all still be limping along too. The government must have given too much aid to GM though if they now have the money to be building at least two new foreign plants. The Mexican engine plant will no doubt be displacing US workers. Thank you, Mr. President.
    http://www.industryweek.com/articles...ico_22462.aspx
    http://wardsauto.com/ar/gm_sedan_uzbekistan_100316/
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/...56E46E20090715

I don't even think we should have gone into Iraq or have any Constitutional reason for having troops their now. If we are doing something in opposition to our own laws, we should desist.

Don't believe everything someone tries to sell you. The Bush/Obama bigger government spending spree has not brought us an economic Nirvana. I lump Obama together with Bush in international and economic affairs. Our problems have been stretched out and kicked down the road by the most recent spending.

What exactly do you want? Have you ever considered that the problem might just be you?
    You claim you're doing well, so the problems must be with everyone else.

Everything is rosey again. Overly simplistic! The U.S. is still awesome - - - in this context is only a plea, on your part, to 'patriots' who suffer no criticism of the U.S. and to negate any and all criticism of our country and this administration. Get your head out of the sand. You're rich, deluded and/or blissful.

It is what it is. I would advise everyone to just do their best. Whining isn't going to help.

Everything is rosey again. Overly simplistic! The U.S. is still awesome - - - in this context is only a plea, on your part, to 'patriots' who suffer no criticism of the U.S. and to negate any and all criticism of our country and this administration. Get your head out of the sand. You're rich, deluded and/or blissful.

Nice to know that all business problems have been solved in the United States, freeing up the Chamber to spy on its political enemies.

US Chamber’s Lobbyists Solicited Firm To Investigate Opponents’ Families, Children

Earlier today, ThinkProgress published an exclusive report that the law firm representing the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, a right-wing trade association representing big business, is working with set of “private security” companies and lobbying firms to undermine their political opponents, including ThinkProgress. According to e-mails obtained by ThinkProgress, the Chamber hired the lobbying firm Hunton and Williams. Attorneys for the firm solicited a set of private security firms — HB Gary Federal, Palantir, and Berico Technologies [[collectively called Team Themis) — to develop a sabotage campaign against progressive groups and labor unions, including ThinkProgress, the labor coalition Change to Win, SEIU, US Chamber Watch, and StopTheChamber.com.
    New emails reveal that the private spy company investigated the families and children of the Chamber’s political opponents. The apparent spearhead of this project was Aaron Barr, an executive at HB Gary. Barr circulated numerous emails and documents detailing information about political opponents’ children, spouses, and personal lives.
    One of the targets was Mike Gehrke, a former staffer with Change to Win. Among the information circulated about Gehrke was the specific “Jewish church” he attended and a link to pictures of his wife and two children [[sensitive information was redacted by ThinkProgress):

See the rest of the article at:

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews...en/#paragraph2

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Would you have let GM and Chrysler go belly up, and send the unemployment numbers even further into the stratosphere? Even the president's most ardent opponents have to give him credit for saving both companies, and millions of jobs.

Iraq's Parliament has ordered the U.S. out? Do you really believe they have the muscle to "force" our troops out if Washington didn't give them the OK to make that "declaration"?

The economy only being propped up by the tax payers? Again, what would you suggest, let millions more loose their jobs, go into foreclosure and watch the whole frickin country collapse?

Obama is far from perfect, actually he seems to be a Bush clone, but you have to give him some credit for saving this country from another depression.
    Excuse me, what point exactly are you trying to make with this post?

When you don't have decent points to make, an argument for your side, or you'd just like to put someone down because you're not in agreement, call them a 'whiner', amongst other names. According to people with your outlook, that should settle matters quickly. Whether I'm whining, complaining, bitching, moaning or whatever you care to term it, I have things to 'whine' about and I'm going to whine. If you're so well off, so deluded, so in denial of the situation in our country that you have nothing to 'whine' about, then don't. In the meantime, respond or not but I'll just keep 'whining'. BTW, check the Master Rules of DY for 'whining' prohibitions.

It is what it is. I would advise everyone to just do their best. Whining isn't going to help.

'Whining', as you call it, does help. 'Whining' is defined in many different ways. In meg-bucks terms, it's called 'marketing'. Corporations pay big bucks to 'whine' to the populace, their congress and others, through advertising, political and otherwise. Political conventions are 'whining' to and about the other party. A courtroom is a place to 'whine' about justice and injustice. A legal brief is a 'whine'. When you complain to a business about their customer service, it's 'whining'. When you complain about my 'whining', you are 'whining' also. So stop 'whining' back.

Excuse me, what point exactly are you trying to make with this post?
    The person whom it was intended for has replied, no further comments are necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    The person whom it was intended for has replied, no further comments are necessary.
    I'll comment as I see fit.

Wow. I wish I lived in Wonderland. We will need to be in the streets like the Egyptians or we will be returned to being serfs if the corporate masters have their way. This is the reality:

Entering the Greatest Depression in History
    More Bubbles Waiting to Burst
    Introduction

While there is much talk of a recovery on the horizon, commentators are forgetting some crucial aspects of the financial crisis. The crisis is not simply composed of one bubble, the housing real estate bubble, which has already burst. The crisis has many bubbles, all of which dwarf the housing bubble burst of 2008. Indicators show that the next possible burst is the commercial real estate bubble. However, the main event on the horizon is the “bailout bubble” and the general world debt bubble, which will plunge the world into a Great Depression the likes of which have never before been seen.

Housing Crash Still Not Over

The housing real estate market, despite numbers indicating an upward trend, is still in trouble, as, “Houses are taking months to sell. Many buyers are having trouble getting financing as lenders and appraisers struggle to figure out what houses are really worth in the wake of the collapse.” Further, “the overall market remains very soft [...] aside from speculators and first-time buyers.” Dean Baker, co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research in Washington said, “It would be wrong to imagine that we have hit a turning point in the market,” as “There is still an enormous oversupply of housing, which means that the direction of house prices will almost certainly continue to be downward.” Foreclosures are still rising in many states “such as Nevada, Georgia and Utah, and economists say rising unemployment may push foreclosures higher into next year.” Clearly, the housing crisis is still not at an end.[1]

The Bailout Bubble

While the bailout, or the “stimulus package” as it is often referred to, is getting good coverage in terms of being portrayed as having revived the economy and is leading the way to the light at the end of the tunnel, key factors are again misrepresented in this situation.

At the end of March of 2009, Bloomberg reported that, “The U.S. government and the Federal Reserve have spent, lent or committed $12.8 trillion, an amount that approaches the value of everything produced in the country last year.” This amount “works out to $42,105 for every man, woman and child in the U.S. and 14 times the $899.8 billion of currency in circulation. The nation’s gross domestic product was $14.2 trillion in 2008.”[10]

Gerald Celente, the head of the Trends Research Institute, the major trend-forecasting agency in the world, wrote in May of 2009 of the “bailout bubble.” Celente’s forecasts are not to be taken lightly, as he accurately predicted the 1987 stock market crash, the fall of the Soviet Union, the 1998 Russian economic collapse, the 1997 East Asian economic crisis, the 2000 Dot-Com bubble burst, the 2001 recession, the start of a recession in 2007 and the housing market collapse of 2008, among other things.

On May 13, 2009, Celente released a Trend Alert, reporting that, “The biggest financial bubble in history is being inflated in plain sight,” and that, “This is the Mother of All Bubbles, and when it explodes [...] it will signal the end to the boom/bust cycle that has characterized economic activity throughout the developed world.” Further, “This is much bigger than the Dot-com and Real Estate bubbles which hit speculators, investors and financiers the hardest. However destructive the effects of these busts on employment, savings and productivity, the Free Market Capitalist framework was left intact. But when the 'Bailout Bubble' explodes, the system goes with it.”

Celente further explained that, “Phantom dollars, printed out of thin air, backed by nothing ... and producing next to nothing ... defines the ‘Bailout Bubble.’ Just as with the other bubbles, so too will this one burst. But unlike Dot-com and Real Estate, when the "Bailout Bubble" pops, neither the President nor the Federal Reserve will have the fiscal fixes or monetary policies available to inflate another.” Celente elaborated, “Given the pattern of governments to parlay egregious failures into mega-failures, the classic trend they follow, when all else fails, is to take their nation to war,” and that, “While we cannot pinpoint precisely when the 'Bailout Bubble' will burst, we are certain it will. When it does, it should be understood that a major war could follow.”[11]
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=14680