Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Free CD/DVD Burning Software??

Any recommendations for downloading free CD/DVD burning software? Instructions? Advice? Thanks.

What operating system are you using? Windows has a basic burning software included for the last several versions.
    I've used Alcohol 120 and MagicISO in the past and they work ok too.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/

some others:
    http://download.cnet.com/windows/cd-burners/

as with anything , decline any extra crap like toolbars [[uncheck) if offered

I have Windows Media on my new laptop but it doesn't seem to work very often. I've used it for years on other computers with no problems. I also used to use Roxio in the past. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks, jc.

I use Nero, It can be a little clunky at times, but it does work.

You should be able to do direct drag and drop on Windows without having to open Media Player. Just drag the files to the CD/DVD drive that has the disk in it.

The best and safest sites for downloading freeware are osalt.com and cnet.com. There might be something in there for you.

Always had good luck with the recommendations here:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    You should be able to do direct drag and drop on Windows without having to open Media Player. Just drag the files to the CD/DVD drive that has the disk in it.
    Thanks jc. I did that and the result was squealing CDs. I've used Windows for years and it worked fine until recently. I'm buying some new Cds and I'll try again or use a different software.

Thanks everyone. I'll try some of these and get back.

If your burner is old and slow, you might think of replacing it. They are relatively cheap and easy to replace. You can get a decent combo drive for somewhere south of thirty bucks.

I used to burn cds all the time and then my car wouldn't play them anymore. It was always an error disc as well as burned DVDs. They worked for about 2 weeks and then my computer started to make the ones that didn't work. Yet, when I play them in other equipment they will play [[both the DVDs and the CDs). Very odd....