Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default How do you remember it?

The State of Michigan has been home to some great sporting events and celebrations. Share your favorite memory or memories about Michigan sports. Share how you remember it. Who did you go to the game with? Where did you go after? Were you at the parade?

One of my best memories is going to the MSU title game at Ford Field. I bought my ticket the day of the game after stating for days that I wouldn't spend the money. I went down to the game by myself to cheer on my Spartans. It doesn't get any better than cheering for your school in the NCAA title game in your hometown!! However they did lose.

Anyways, share your thoughts here or at wherewereyouwhen.biz

In 1984 I was at the game we clinched the pennant against KC 1-0. Milt Wilcox pitched a great game.
    The year the Pistons beat the Lakers I saw both Finals games at the Palace
    Went to a lot of Michigan football games including the famous IU game when AC caught the game winner with 6 sec's left.
    Saw a young Brett Farve beat us in a playoff game at the Silverdome with a last minute bomb. That was a a great game until the ending.
    Had 5th row seats at the Wings games for years, saw many playoff games but never a Stanley Cup game.
    But the highlight was my 8 year old girls soccer team winning there final game and going 8-0 last fall. The jiucebox's were flowing after that game.