Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Delta Sky Magazine on Detroit

The brand new Feb issue of Delta Airlines' Sky Magazine features Detroit very prominently.

Here is the link. Detroit begins on Page 93;

http://msp.imirus.com//Mpowered/imir...issue=2&page=0

They also have a good story on Memphis. Perhaps next month they can do a story on Atlanta or maybe Minneapolis.

Is there really that much surface parking behind the riverwalk? I don't recall there being that much. Are there any plans to infill those parcels?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    They also have a good story on Memphis. Perhaps next month they can do a story on Atlanta or maybe Minneapolis.
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    Is there really that much surface parking behind the riverwalk? I don't recall there being that much. Are there any plans to infill those parcels?
    GM owns those lots and there was talk about 5 years ago of developing them into loft/condos. With the chrysler ad declaring detroit being "back" and all, i would expect ground to be broken any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    GM owns those lots and there was talk about 5 years ago of developing them into loft/condos. With the chrysler ad declaring detroit being "back" and all, i would expect ground to be broken any day now.
    .... ah but Bailey... you have to remember what commedian Rich Hall once said... "good things come for those who wait... but crap shows up right away".....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    .... ah but Bailey... you have to remember what commedian Rich Hall once said... "good things come for those who wait... but crap shows up right away".....
    In the long run, we're all dead. -Keynes

There will be infill in those waterfront lots when there is demand, but I prefer what appears to be happening now, which is rehabbing existing buildings along Woodward. There's only so many people who want and can afford to live in new construction downtown. There are also the lots further east that were already planned for construction before the downturn. I would think they would be developed first.

Turn the surface lots into more green space! If I had it my way all development would go on the other side of Atwater. How about some soccer fields or outdoor ice rink for hockey in the winter!

I liked the feature. There is no point in putting loads of negative stuff in articles like that, people already have an idea there are negative things about Detroit. I was scared to hell before coming to Detroit, Im going away with a different mindset, its not all that bad.

If all goes well, this could become a major city once again, whilst other cities which are overheated and overpriced already, may start to struggle to prosper.

Looks like things are happening, exciting and challenging days ahead, but its for all to make an effort, pulling together to make it safe, where people will want to live.

Peace for all in Detroit, much respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Ah, March [["next month") is Salt Lake City!

Once we get through Atlanta, Minneapolis, Cincinnati, Memphis, and New York ......... we should cycle back to Detroit.