Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Super Bowl From Hell... XLV

I don't wish Arlington Texas [[12 miles from Fort Worth, 20 miles from Dallas) any bad luck... [[although Schadenfreude does sometimes come to mind) but it looks like the weather is really going to be horrible for this years' Super Bowl XLV.

Texans are not used to winter weather like we are in Michigan.... but they have the additional problem of lots of ice...

I remember that the Super Bowl in Jacksonville FL was another one with a lot of complaints...

We really did luck out with Super Bowl XL in Detroit.

Texas may not be that lucky...

DetroitDad Guest

I thought the National Football League implied that they wouldn't be holding the Super Bowl in cold weather cities for awhile. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    I thought the National Football League implied that they wouldn't be holding the Super Bowl in cold weather cities for awhile. What happened?
    It's global warming, it messed everything up. Just like Gore said it would.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    An ice storm hit Atlanta during the 2000 Super Bowl as well. On the other hand, the 2014 SB is being held in the new OPEN AIR stadium in the Meadowlands, go figure

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I don't wish Arlington Texas [[12 miles from Fort Worth, 20 miles from Dallas) any bad luck... [[although Schadenfreude does sometimes come to mind) but it looks like the weather is really going to be horrible for this years' Super Bowl XLV.

Texans are not used to winter weather like we are in Michigan.... but they have the additional problem of lots of ice...

I remember that the Super Bowl in Jacksonville FL was another one with a lot of complaints...

We really did luck out with Super Bowl XL in Detroit.

Texas may not be that lucky...

Apparently, no one told the weather that you "don't mess with Texas"

Cross-posting this. It's not weather related but it is Superbowl related. The censoring of internet in favor of commercial interests, without the ruling of a judge. What did the DoJ think it was doing when they cut off some .coms and .nets? How in the world would that be affective?

GUSHI Guest

Go steelers

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Go steelers
    Stupid Turnovers