Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Your choice: Ferrari 358 or Ford F-150?

Did the Ferrari driver think that he could drive underneath the Ford? That only happened in Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation when the station wagon drove underneath the transport. Some people!

Thought this was going to be a theoretical discussion which would be the superior vehicle to own.

The scenario was likely something to the effect...the Ferrari accelerated too fast for the street, the pickemup truck driver looked and misestimated the sports cars speed [[similar to what happens with many motorcycle accidents), and went into traffic at a NORMAL rate of acceleration only to learn the Ferrari was going much faster than expected.

The Ferrari owner was classic...he claims the PICKUP truck 'jetted' out in front of HIM. HE obviously didn't have the ability to brake fast enough, which if you know the ability of those monster discs on a vehicle designed for 160+mph and their clamping ability at regular speeds...you KNOW this bozo was well over the speed limit.

He earned having his two-week old toy destroyed.

There didn't even appear to be a SCRATCH on the Ford. LOL. That is justice, as far as I'm concerned.

My bet, if they did a check on cell records, the Ferrari driver and the pickemup driver were probably yakking on their cell phones...and Speed Racer is the most to blame for this wonderful fiasco. I hope HE got the ticket, or the police knew enough to warrant and record the electronic brain in the car to secure the real velocity he was driving at during this encounter.

If I was the guy's insurance carrier, that would be the very first thing I'd do.

I didn't notice if the airbags were deployed in the Ferrari. It would be kinda shocking if they weren't.

How soon until Ford uses this as an advertisement for the F-150? It really is some brilliant footage, but a marketing genius could spin it into a sales boost for Ford.

Cheers!

OK, the front bumper of the F-150 IS pushed in a little bit.

The contrast between insurance claims would be a hilarious study, and this guy may NEVER be able to sell this vehicle. If I were him, I'd send the damn thing back to Italy for a complete remanufacture.

Give the factory geeks a giggle or three.

That is Sacriligious.........Damaging a Ford F150

Where's that State Farm lady?

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Where's that State Farm lady?
    Like a good neighbor, State Farm is...

I don't even think the Ferrari is a total loss. I mean, the business end of it is the back. The front end is mostly air. Sure, the steering might have had a knock, and the bonnet has to be replaced but a t-bone would be much worse. I even think the chassis is not damaged, it being [[I expect) completely made of carbon fibre.

Proves my often stated point. If a vehicle can't haul a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood home, I don't even want to look at it.

I swear that is Glen Beck........

I hope that the driver of the pickup truck has full coverage insurance and I don't mean L.A Insurance

Henry Ford II is having a good laugh over this one. Perhaps Ford will come out with a special edition Ford F150 GT72...Lemans edition.

They have a history of course. Ford [[II) was unsuccessful in the purchase of Ferrari.....

....and thus the Ford GT40 saw the light!

I just heard the rumor that Ford may be bringing the GT back as a hybrid.

Whoa.

This from my old client/friend Paul Eisenstein:

http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2011...f-the-ford-gt/
    Last edited by Gannon; February-03-11 at 02:06 PM.

Can't take scrap metal to the sheeny man in a Ferrari. You would never see one of those going down Grand River, loaded to the gills with old hot water heaters, steam radiators, rusted tail pipes, chain link fence, etc. That's where a 150 has it all over the Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by 56packman View Post
    Can't take scrap metal to the sheeny man in a Ferrari. You would never see one of those going down Grand River, loaded to the gills with old hot water heaters, steam radiators, rusted tail pipes, chain link fence, etc. That's where a 150 has it all over the Ferrari.

Default Ferrari Crash 458 Italia run over by Ford F150 Truck PARKED ON ITS HOOD!!!

Hello Detroit!
    My name is James Worley. I am the videographer who shot the Ferrari VS F150 accident here in Brandon, Fl last Friday afternoon "1/28/2011" .

The below link to the website VkMag.com has MY COPYRITE VIDEO CONTENT ripped and posted without my consent or permission. Please support my video by viewing the video on my YouTube Channel, commenting, subscribing, and sharing it. I really appreciate everyone who watched my video and helped to bring it past the 1 Million View mark. It is steady gaining in views still!
    Thank You ALL!
    James Worley
    YouTube.com/JamesWorley

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Last edited by jamesworley; February-08-11 at 08:59 PM.

I'd be pissed if that was my Ferrari. Don't care for the F-150s much..now if that was a GMC....