Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Beware COD Blight Patrol On Duty

My SO just called me and told me he was ticketed today by the City of Detroit for having his garbarge can at the curb to long. The ticket was taped to his front door. The date of the violation was March 19, 2009 [[a Thursday) at 9:30am. Mind you, the garbage is picked up on Wednesday's [[sometimes in the morning, but most time late afternoon). I'm peeved because not only does he have one of the best looking homes on the street, but when the house across the street from him was set afire, a darn houseful of furniture sat on the the lawn for months. Hell I tripped the burgular alarm one afternoon about 4:30pm and the police didn't show up until 11 that night saying he got a call that there was someone in the house. Go Figure.

P.S The ticket was for $100 bones.

lilpup Guest

Can't ticket the ugly houses - they usually don't have any money to pay!

What neighborhood do you live in?

8 Mile & Groesbeck

Two wrongs don't make a right.

To be fair, this should have been a warning, there has been such gross neglect in enforcing these laws that proper advisement is necessary.

Let's hope the blight patrol see's this, and gets busy.
    http://1up1down-froggy.blogspot.com/...post_9945.html

dexterferry Guest

will matty moroun be getting one on his front door?

Lorax Guest

It's the city of Detroit that needs to receive citations on the front door of city hall for every city owned, stripped, abandoned building which is not secured or has trash strewn around. It would take a citizen's patrol of neighbors to go around, identify city owned properties and through a high-powered lawyer, force the city to pay that neighborhood group the fines accrued so these structures can be stabilized. A little old fashioned organization or "community organizing" as the repugnicans perjorative would term it, could go a long way to get something done.