Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Paging Gannon, tponetom

Paging Gannon, Tponetom,

Jan. 23, ‘11. 4:45 pm.
    Re: Your reply # 123 on the Non-D, [[Crazier.. etc.)
    This message simply supports your remarks about “love” being the answer. It is too bad that there are too many who cannot comprehend the most obvious and powerful and most compelling emotion.

Now, I digress:

Gannon:
    Re; the following post.
    Gannon
    Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11300
    Posted on Friday, January 11, 2008 - 3:26 am:
    I should like to cross paths with you, TP, especially in the UP...if I could be so lucky...when you make this trip. At least you could grace us with a visit at an FSC when you make it through the city?!

My taste this year of my cousin's peaceful, serene and totally beautiful-but-tough lifestyle at the eastern edge of Marquette County across the street from the lake has me chomping at the bit...hopefully not making me less tolerant of the flurry and clutter of city life in the meanwhile.

It is likely I will end up in the UP.

I found the following quote recently and I cannot remember from whence it came?????

Your quote: ‘As I said, lotsa introspection through the course of this day...I almost cannot move. Have to keep reminding myself that 'fetal' is a larval state, gotta stop coiling up like one today. ‘
    The word “introspection” zapped me, and then made me smile. For what it is worth, I offer the following:
    Tpone’s quote:
    I spent the first 45 years of my life saddled with the vagaries of introspection. I looked down into the depths of my psyche every waking hour and found no answers. Who am I? What am I? Why do I not have a vocation.? [[I had plenty of avocations.) I could fill this page and ten more of “What Ifs.”
    In 1973, I shrugged off the ties that bind. Our daughter came home from her third year at MSU and told us she was getting married. Our son said he was quitting MSU. He wanted to get a job and buy a sports car. I had just been promoted to the position of General Manager of the company I was working for. A lucrative salary, a company car, an unlimited expense account and other perks. We started looking for some waterfront property in St. Clair shores.
    Peggy knew what I would like to do and she was 100% supportive. I did not want a house in SCS. I did not want to spend the next 20 years of my life doing the work that I was doing.
    I wanted to plant gardens. Notice the plural. I wanted to go fishing. I wanted to feel the fierce cold of winter and the heat of summer, knowing that I would not only survive those extremes, but I would thrive on them. [[After 15 years in Arizona, I have to qualify that “heat” thing.)
    NO, we did not have the money to throw caution to the winds. We had to work and scramble and conserve ,,,,,,,,,and enjoy every damn minute of it because I did not have the time to waste on the meaning of the word, introspection.
    P. S. From Jules Renard, [[1864 - 1910-)
    “Writing is the only profession where no one considers you ridiculous if you earn no money.”
    His quotes are entertaining. http://www.answers.com/topic/renard-jules

Heya TP...I cannot tell you how timely this post is...oh wait, I just did.

I've been wrestling with a few things, and you just gave me a huge confirmation that my choices were correct...even though I hadn't acted on them yet. I have more confidence after reading your encouragments than I did five minutes ago.

Thanks, from the bottom of my heart. You've just been used by the Universe/God to give me the kick in the pants I needed [[and wanted, I guess).

Cheers

Gannon:
    Just an after thought:

My father once told me, “If you are only one per-cent Irish [[1%), it will show, be it imbibing, propagating, fighting, agonizing, praying or just plain talking,,,, non-stop. “
    [[Not necessarily in that order.)