Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Metal Scaffolding near Coney Islands

I apologize in advance if this post has already been covered, but does anyone know what the end result is going to be? I was driving southbound on Woodward this evening [[6 p.m.) and I noticed that on Michigan Avenue between Woodward and Griswold Street a barricade with a giant scaffold being constructed. Just a curious Detroiter looking for an answer.

I'm guessing it's related to making movies.

It's the return of the snow slide for the Winterfest...news reports last week stated that the Detroit Intl Bridge Company was sponsoring the slide this year.

It might be work happening on Arcade Bar, which is undergoing a slow but steady renovation. It was wedged between the Coneys and the Lafayette Building, which obviously no longer exists.

No, it's between Woodward and Griswold. The Arcade Bar is between Griswold and Shelby.

Hmmm... I don't know then.

DIBC is sponsoring the giant downtown snowslide? LOL. I like them again. Go Matty!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardhat View Post
    I'm guessing it's related to making movies.
    But what movie kind sir?

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    But what movie kind sir?
    I am sure its one of them newfangled talkies shot in color!