Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Proposed Demolitions

I ran across this being listed as strategic demolitions solid blue being actual structures and shaded being target areas. Not counting the structures are the shaded areas already empty? It kinda seems as though a few large blocks are outlined as being repurposed most noticeably at the intersection between Hamtrack and Highland park.

http://www.waynecounty.com/documents...oject_Area.pdf

Not sure how to put it here and be able to zoom in.

Looks like there about 20 right behind me, btw Carpenter and Davison. Looks like there are about 40 over by the HP water treatment plant.

And none in Blightmoor!

I wonder where we can get a list of addresses, as they have a big blue block where my office is at, and I own the entire block around it.

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    I wonder where we can get a list of addresses, as they have a big blue block where my office is at, and I own the entire block around it.
    This is the main site url http://www.waynecounty.com/3599.htm Middle of the page is the project they have contact numbers on the site,I am sure they have the address available if called.

I'm glad my area is a part of this. We usually get passed up for projects. Most of the housing stock north of Hamtramck is run-of-the-mill 20s construction and clearing out some of the yuckiness might make the area a bit cleaner. There's a lot of good going on around me and honestly some neighbors might fancy getting a hold of the lots that are cleared out for gardening and other projects...I know I would be very interested if they took down the house behind me that has gone vacant.