Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Its been 2.5yrs, what should I go see???

Its been 2.5 yrs since I have been in Detroit. I'm coming this weekend and was looking for ideas on what I should check out since my last visit. The Book-Cadillac is of course at the top of the list, but what in the last 2.5 yrs has changed in the city that should warrant an visit?

Thanks for your help.

The 6th Precinct

The East Riverfront. If flying don't fly Delta and you will see the newest terminal.

Don't go to the 6th Precinct I am fairly sure that is sarcasm. As being one who lives in the 6th Precint I don't fint it funny at all.

bartock Guest

Go to Eastern Market. They have done a ton of work over there, including re-doing a couple of the sheds.

DIA renovation, or did you catch that when it debuted?

Just take a stroll though the whole of Midtown. Lots of change since 2.5 years ago.

Was the Book Cadillac restoration done last time you were here? If not, definitely check that out. You'll also see the vacant lot across the street where the Lafayette building was.

There's been a lot done in midtown the past couple of years as well, as Hans57 said.

@DetroitScooter: Yeah I did, that was a must last time I was there and a must this time. The Seattle Art Museum is just depressing.

@DetroitPlanner: Last time I was there, the East Riverfront was well developed, almost [[but not quite) to the Tri-Centennial Park, has more been done?

Midtown is where our old loft is, so I'll be hanging around there the majority of the weekend. Eastern Market, check....anything else

Tricentennial Park [[Bill Milliken State Park) has been integrated into the Riverwalk and a connection has been established to the grade separated bike trail that leads to Eastern Market [[Dequindre Cut).

This weekend?! This city is going to be blanketed in SNOW! Good luck seeing anything except piles of white frozen stuff. Bring your snowshoes if you plan on going to Milliken or the Riverwalk.

Ft Shelby renovation.