Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Live Detroit Police frequency audio

Found a cool site with Detroit Police audio, as well as for other cities and counties in the state: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=1308

Pretty fascinating, just listened to a bit of police radio. Thanks jalmz.

Very nice link.

A link to the Detroit Fire Department radio is below. The DFD channel isn't as constant as the DPD channels, but when it 's busy, it's interesting.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/a...=wp&feedId=805

Used to listen to the snowplow/salt trucks in Macoumb county during snow storms years ago when I had a scanner. I havent been able to find a way of listening to them online.

There is an App for that....called Scanner Radio, you can not only listen to Detroit but any other police and fire departments, Also EMS, Railroad and others. Where ever you are.. Oh Yea and its FREE

Should make for some interesting listening as the blizzard hits us

My gosh - is the reception that horrible for those who have to listen to this for a living!!??? Wow - you can hardly understand what they are saying most of the time!

Quote Originally Posted by lizaanne View Post
    My gosh - is the reception that horrible for those who have to listen to this for a living!!??? Wow - you can hardly understand what they are saying most of the time!
    Funny thing, lizaanne, but you can pull in the hole at 4:30 a.m. working midnights, completely shut out the radio, but you'll hear when your number is called and be awake instantly.

Er....I've been told..........

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Funny thing, lizaanne, but you can pull in the hole at 4:30 a.m. working midnights, completely shut out the radio, but you'll hear when your number is called and be awake instantly.

Er....I've been told..........
    That's funny, Ray. I have heard the same thing from my friends in blue. Not that they ever did it, but they "heard" about it, too. :-)

I have had the app for awhile.
    It's very interesting.
    Especially in the summer,listening to DPD.
    It makes you want to stay at home.

Quote Originally Posted by lizaanne View Post
    That's why they prefer female dispatchers. A female voice carries better through all that hash.

It's now legal in Michigan for civilians to operate a police radio in their car. They changed the law a few years ago. Reasonable restrictions apply.

Anyone who finds DFD and DPD radio traffic interesting might find the following of interest as well: It's the FDNY radio traffic from the morning of 9/11. This is from a New York Times special report, and it provides the transcript of the sometimes difficult-to-understand chatter.
    http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html...dex_ALERT.html

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Anyone who finds DFD and DPD radio traffic interesting might find the following of interest as well: It's the FDNY radio traffic from the morning of 9/11. This is from a New York Times special report, and it provides the transcript of the sometimes difficult-to-understand chatter.
    That is so sad, it reminds me of the morning it happened. I watched TV and managed to witness the second tower falling. I was numb for three days, couldnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    wow
    speechless