Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Shave & a Haircut

My husband is looking for a barber that will give a shave in addition to a haircut, you know the barber service from days gone by. Are there any members who know of a place where he can get that service?

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    My husband is looking for a barber that will give a shave in addition to a haircut, you know the barber service from days gone by. Are there any members who know of a place where he can get that service?
    Try Paul's Barber Shop adjacent to the Old Redford Theatre, Lahser N. of Grand River. Been there since Paul was a young Italian chap in the 60's.

17370 Lahser Road
    Detroit, MI 48219-2348
    [[313) 592-9118

Esquire Barber Shop. Andrew Maiorana

17301 E.Nine mile rd. Since 1957
    Eastpointe,Mi
    586-771-3855

DetroitPole Guest

Pete's Barber Shop 438 Macomb Street, Detroit, MI 48226

Been going there for years and then he turns up in the Metro TImes...
    http://www.detroitblog.org/?p=1930

I won't go anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    Pete's Barber Shop 438 Macomb Street, Detroit, MI 48226

Been going there for years and then he turns up in the Metro TImes...
    http://www.detroitblog.org/?p=1930

I won't go anywhere else.
    After reading this link I changed my mind on what I was going to say. There are man's man barber shops throughout the city of Detroit and it's surrounding suburbs. BoRics and Fantastik Sams are for those men who just want to get there haircuts without the shop talk and offensive literature. Neighborhood barbers are for those men who would not mind that type of enviroment. I am not saying that every barber shop is the same in Detroit. This barber owner has the same literature in his shop as the some younger barbershop owners has in theirs' thoughout the Detroit area. However, I probably would feel safer in his for his clientel is mostly police officers.There is a lady who had just taken over a shop in the downtown area who does a good job. You wil have to catch her.I had told her that she would have to treat running a shop like it is a nine to five job. Open a certain time and close a certain time. Not just open when you feel that the customers are coming in and closing during the slow part of the day.

Sam's Barber Shop in the Dime Building; second floor mezzanine.

Do they still use a straight razor and sharpen it on a leather strop? Haven't been to a barber shop in decades as Mrs. Lowell had training as a hair dresser.

Jims barber shop Jefferson and 10 mile. Ask for Toby. Hot towels, lather, more hot towels, tonic, shave and zzzzzzzzzzzzz