Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default A La Nina Type Blizzard may come to Metro-Detroit

Bad News forumers! The zonal flow of the Jet Stream caused by La Nina has now shifted down south. By Monday night that Jet Stream will bend upwards out west bringing a instant heat wave from Southern California to Seattle, WA. The Midwest and Eastern Seaboard will recieve an artic chill. The result of the matter is that constant flows of low pressure systems will follow the Jet Stream avoiding the rainshadow effect for the Rockies. The low pressure system will gather more moisture from Dallas, Texas then it MIGHT head upwards to central region of the Ohio Valley as a MONSTER BLIZZARD and becomes of Nor-Eastern effecting Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York City and Boston.

If the MONSTER BLIZZARD heads further upwards to northwest corner of Ohio/ Southeastern Indiana, The All of Southeastern Michigan will recieve up to 1 to 3 feet of snow. Now its Metro-Detroit's Turn to get the SNOW-POCALYPSE! it will effect all of Detroit and suburbs by late Tuesday night into Wednesday Afternoon.

Get ready, I was right about a La Nina Winter.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Don't you all just LOVE winter! Kids, bring out those snow shovels and make some money.

Neda, I miss you so.

Also it may result in a new record low for every city and township in Southeast Michigan. Temps could fall all the way down to -160 degrees!

The Metro-Detroit area will not recieve temperatures down to -160 degrees, but to wind chill of 0 to -25 below zero.

muskie1 Guest

I have heard a dusting up 3 or 4 inches depending in the track. 1-3 ft. I would bet against. If I hear one more idiot talk about wind chill or the heat index on t.v. I will have to remind them to wear clothes. For the people who like to go outside naked this could be a real problem. Put down the remote controls and run at great speed to fill up the car,buy water and food and don't forget the generator.

I would love to see a foot of snow, but alas it will all go south of us like the last 6 storms did and we will get a lousy Winter Weather Advisory for a 1 inch of snow...

muskie1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ja!mz View Post
    I would love to see a foot of snow, but alas it will all go south of us like the last 6 storms did and we will get a lousy Winter Weather Advisory for a 1 inch of snow...
    Yeah, were I live we will get the stupid snow emergency issued so everyone can get their cars moved so the plow trucks that rarely come wii have a clear route. I too would love a foot plus.

I got a lot full of cars that just got cleaned.A plowing on Monday,and we're ready.A foot of snow on Wed. will suck,hard.Don't be asking for any deals,that snow don't go away by itself.

muskie1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by luckycar View Post
    I got a lot full of cars that just got cleaned.A plowing on Monday,and we're ready.A foot of snow on Wed. will suck,hard.Don't be asking for any deals,that snow don't go away by itself.
    I know what you mean. I worked at one of the closed Chrysler dealers, have done snow duty for about 20 years. There are no good deals on snow days

We're not getting a foot of snow on Wednesday. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Bad News forumers! The zonal flow of the Jet Stream caused by La Nina has now shifted down south. By Monday night that Jet Stream will bend upwards out west bringing a instant heat wave from Southern California to Seattle, WA. The Midwest and Eastern Seaboard will recieve an artic chill. The result of the matter is that constant flows of low pressure systems will follow the Jet Stream avoiding the rainshadow effect for the Rockies. The low pressure system will gather more moisture from Dallas, Texas then it MIGHT head upwards to central region of the Ohio Valley as a MONSTER BLIZZARD and becomes of Nor-Eastern effecting Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York City and Boston.

If the MONSTER BLIZZARD heads further upwards to northwest corner of Ohio/ Southeastern Indiana, The All of Southeastern Michigan will recieve up to 1 to 3 feet of snow. Now its Metro-Detroit's Turn to get the SNOW-POCALYPSE! it will effect all of Detroit and suburbs by late Tuesday night into Wednesday Afternoon.

Get ready, I was right about a La Nina Winter.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Don't you all just LOVE winter! Kids, bring out those snow shovels and make some money.

Neda, I miss you so.
    Danny, do you have a link to the information you are putting out there?

There's a 50/50 chance.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Danny, do you have a link to the information you are putting out there?
    I don't know where he got his info. However, after reading this post, I was curious and looked at the local news type websites weather sections. They're all predicting the potential for a major storm Tues/Wed. Some are saying up to 10 inches. I guess I'd better gas up my snow blower and get some salt tomorrowl.

Sounds good. More snow = higher lake levels.

Looks like we might get dumped on...from the NWS site: WENT WITH A GENERAL
    8 TO 12 INCH ACCUMULATION...WHICH IS CONSERVATIVE GIVEN MODEL OUTPUT
    AND HPC FORECAST WHICH HAVE TOTALS BETWEEN 18-24 INCHES. NORMALLY

Heading south.......

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Heading south.......
    Not always a great option. 2-3 weeks ago we were forecast to get 8-12 and got 9.2. Down here we have no snow blowers, show shovels, anything. We did have some sand/salt dump trucks spreading on the main roads but that took days to get going. And we have lots of hills with curves. Snowed in for a week. As far south as Macon Georgia was shut down. I would suggest Florida.

Monster Blizzard

Monster Blizzard!!!

Let it snow!

Click here to view the NWS national map showing the probabilities of snow reaching or exceeding 4, 8, and 12 inches by 7:00 PM Thursday.

Southeast MI is right in the middle of the maximum snowfall track, with a 40% probability of getting 12 or more inches of snow and a 70% probability for at least 8 inches. At least we are outside the track for freezing rain [[lower right map).

Check back on this page to view updated versions of these maps and other winter weather forecast information for our region.

Greeaaattt. I was at my parents house in SC when I said it wouldn't snow on Christmas day and they got 4.5 inches. I was there when they had another storm predicted 2 weeks ago which I said they wouldn't get and they got over 6 with a good quarter of an inch ice on top of that. We leave and now it's 68 there and now this, here.

So with my luck, I'm NOT going to say it won't happen. In fact, I'll run out and get bread and milk and act like the end of the world is coming so hopefully the outcome will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Heading south.......
    Make sure to go far ENOUGH south. Could be an epic ICE storm across parts of Southern Indiana and Southern Ohio.

I'll take a blizzard over ice 100 times out of 100.

Just yesterday I arranged to have the snowblower repaired tomorrow. It needed new rubber "shoes" on the auger edges. Not a moment too soon!

Charlotte tomorrow night, so keep that snow away. Can only fly so far in one day, the wings need a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind field View Post
    We're not getting a foot of snow on Wednesday. No worries.
    There will be a foot of snow in some areas in the Metro-Detroit Area. Heavy snow bands will hit mostly from north central Oakland and Macomb Counties to Toledo.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast