Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Ford earned $6.6B in 2010....

and it's largest profit in 11 years.

This story likely be all over the news today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/29/bu...html?src=twrhp

No consolation to the loyal Ford people who lost their pensions and livelihood tho, imho.

NorthEndere Guest

What people are you talking about?

Ahh yes, the DetroitYes treatment of great news for Detroit.

Which Ford people lost their pensions? Ford didn't declare bankruptcy as GM and Chrysler did.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthEnder View Post
    I would assume he is talking about the ones who took buy-outs prior to being invested? I don't even know if Ford had pensions in modern days.

One thing for sure they did have to shed a lot of jobs. It definitely negatively impacted my neighborhood as Ford powered Warrendale's economy though providing direct and indirect jobs [[jobs servicing Ford employees).

Quote Originally Posted by NorthEnder View Post
    People like jgavrile in the Henry Ford thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcove Magnesia View Post
    People like jgavrile in the Henry Ford thread.
    Go to Post #50 in the referenced thread to read "jgavrile's" post on what happened to his job/benefits situation. I found his posts on his career with ford VERY interesting.

I'm glad that FORD didn't take the government bailout money. Otherwise the company will be making puppet green hybrid cars that will not sell. FORD made it without politicians tell them how to make a better car and they will prosper in the future against GM and Chrysler.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Because making a great American car takes time and patience, not politics for Neda's sake.

Ford employees recieved $5000 in profit sharing to pay off debt-save-invest. Some great news in a sea of economic stagnation and despair.

While the NYT article focused on the cheery employee bonus news, Ford also released info that could prove troublesome for them things don't improve. Profit per vehicle sold in North America was $1130 in the 4th quarter, down from $2700 in the 3rd quarter. Profit per vehicle in Asia was only $100, with losses per vehicle in Europe. The market reacted to this news on Friday with a 13+% drop in Ford's stock price.

Looks like Ford stock has hit the skids again, down another 4 and 1/2 percent with two hours to go in the trading day! is it time to sell despite the 6.6 billion profit last year? Will this stock drop like a rock when Mullaly retires?

What? No complaining about the greedy labor union? What is DetroitYES! coming to?