Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Charges dropped against Art Blackwell.

http://detnews.com/article/20110127/...to-pay-himself

I was wondering what happened with this case.

In other words, taking hundreds of thousands of dollars out of the budget and paying them to himself aren't embezzlement -- if your cronies in the McNamara machine know about it.

If we had a just society, people like Blackwell would be riding a rail out of town.

All of this may have been avoided if Granholm & Co had came clean about what they knew from the very beginning.

citylover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    All of this may have been avoided if Granholm & Co had came clean about what they knew from the very beginning.

Actually this would have been avoided had Granholm not played petty politics and simply left Englers efm in place. While Englers apointee was on the job things were turning around in HP......instead HP gets Blackwell and all his baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by citylover View Post
    Actually this would have been avoided had Granholm not played petty politics and simply left Englers efm in place. While Englers apointee was on the job things were turning around in HP......instead HP gets Blackwell and all his baggage.
    I agree. But wasn't that EFM also the one who green-lighted that shoddy development that's practically vacant and falling apart now? I could be wrong. On the main, I have to say, there was no reason but patronage to install Blackwell there. He can take a long walk off a short pier for all I care.

I don't think this is over. Worthy is not giving up on this. Some higher court is going to weigh in.

Quote Originally Posted by citylover View Post

The dispute was over the pay. I know it's going to be hard for some people to believe, but, he actually did a pretty good job. I'll be the first to admit that I thought he was the worst pick Granholm could have made since the guy has pretty much had corruption charges follow him everywhere he's gone.

Wasn't he getting paid twice for doing the same job?