Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Aryton Senna

Default Aryton Senna

Its now been 15 years since the death of racing great Aryton Senna, who was killed when he crashed at the San Marino Grand Prix in Italy. I got to know Aryton while working with the Toleman F1 team in 1984. He is the only 3 time winner of the Detroit Grand Prix, as well as a 3 time Formula One World Driving Champion. HIs qualifying laps on the old Detroit street circuit were scintillating. The Aryton Senna Foundation that he started to help children in Brazil is still active. His dedication and perseverance are an inspiration to me still.

Riviera,

Thanks for the reminder. I remember when I heard about it, when I was in college building race cars. What did you do for Toleman?

O.

While not the biggest F1 fan out there I too miss Senna. Great times when the F1 came to town, All the Brazilians cheering for him . Great driver, Great Man

The best F1 racer to live in my opinion. He had an incredible talent.

I duhno, I think I'd give the edge to this guy:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/wp-...7_1095x800.jpg

http://www.forix.com/8w/250f/jmf-f57.jpg

What car control!

O.

Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    Riviera,

Thanks for the reminder. I remember when I heard about it, when I was in college building race cars. What did you do for Toleman?

O.
    I was an assistant to the team manager for the North American races, jumped in where needed. Worked with the tires a lot, lots of choices of compounds back then.