Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default More work at 1520 Woodward

I noticed a debris tube in a truck parked on John R today when I was walking to work. Sure enough, it looks like they are installing it in the alley behind 1520 [[or whatever it us next to Bleu). There are at least three different hard-hatted guys walking in and out and the tube is now in the alley. It seems that this is more than DDA Facade and Lighting project that is going on. Good stuff!
    Pardon the crappy pic - http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...sport/Tube.jpg

This is one of my favorite buildings in Detroit. There's just something about it that I hope to see it restored one day. My aunt remembers going there when it was a Lane Bryant. My favorite part of the building is the ghost sign on the south facade..."Chubby Girls". wow

Oops, I just checked again and they moved the tube down to the Broderick. They are now commencing to toss some VERY HEAVY stuff down the chute and it looks like they are going full speed. They are staging something in 1520 as we can see them coming and going out the back door.

I also just walked over to 1515 Broadway and Danny said that his business is doing very well with the construction workers. He heard that the Madison construction will be full bore ASAP and that they want to get the work finished in six months.

There were also some folks from Detroit 187 in 1515, and they are hoping for some good news as far as getting renewed. They are starting shooting their last show downtown next week.

Sounds like good news all around for the 1500 Block. Hopefully more things to come. And god, I hope Detroit 187 gets the good news.