Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default I worked in the music industry in Detroit

If you were a musician or recording engineer or something else in the music industry in the hey day, what was it like?

Which heyday are you referring to? Jazz? Motown? Grande Ballroom? Garage rock?

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Which heyday are you referring to? Jazz? Motown? Grande Ballroom? Garage rock?
    Rave Scene?

Jazz and Motown.

I don't know if you have visited our sister site's forum, but the www.soulfuldetroit.com/forum board is the gathering place of many of the players of those scenes, musicians, performers, studio owners and more, too numerous to mention here. The moderator, Ralph Terrana, was the creator of the famed Terra Shirma recording studio on Livernois. Also jimg of this forum is co-author of the outstanding "Before Motown" which details the early 20th C Detroit jazz and music scene upon whose shoulders Motown and the others stood.

I worked at Harmony House. Does that count?

I moved to Texas to work for WEA on Urban Cowboy and never left, but retail is about all I did here.