Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Granholm bails on Michigan....

like many others.... left the state to find work..... in my opinion she was never committed to the State anyway....

Former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm will teach at the University of California-Berkeley this semester, the school announced today.
    Granholm and her husband, leadership coach Daniel Mulhern, will teach in the schools of law, business and public policy at the university. Planned courses will cover topics such as energy, state budgets and leadership.
    Born in Canada, Granholm, a Democrat, was Michigan’s first female governor. She graduated from Berkeley with honors in 1984 and went on to earn her law degree at Harvard.

http://jennifergranholm.com/jennifer...t-uc-berkeley/

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    like many others.... left the state to find work..... in my opinion she was never committed to the State anyway....

Former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm will teach at the University of California-Berkeley this semester, the school announced today.
    Granholm and her husband, leadership coach Daniel Mulhern, will teach in the schools of law, business and public policy at the university. Planned courses will cover topics such as energy, state budgets and leadership.
    Born in Canada, Granholm, a Democrat, was Michigan’s first female governor. She graduated from Berkeley with honors in 1984 and went on to earn her law degree at Harvard.

http://jennifergranholm.com/jennifer-granholm-to-teach-at-uc-berkeley/
    Boy, what a crock of excrement this post is. You will find out what is what in February.I do not blame her one bit for leaving. The crapfest here is just beginning.

Maybe this is some new kind of "leadership." Like, she's suggesting you should follow her out of the state?

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Boy, what a crock of excrement this post is. You will find out what is what in February.I do not blame her one bit for leaving. The crapfest here is just beginning.

What do you mean?

Did any school in Michigan offer her a job? If not, why shouldn't she leave? She needs to earn a living

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    What do you mean?
    February is the submittal of the new Michigan Budget. Where all the cuts to your state and local governments will be shown for all to see.. Especially the cities. Having an urban office does not mean having urban funding.

She has stated that she is maintaining residence in the Lansing area.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    She has stated that she is maintaining residence in the Lansing area.

yeah, it's tough to sell a home in Michigan these days......

bartock Guest

Thanks, Vox.

See ya.It's been real.Bye.Don't let the door........

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    yeah, it's tough to sell a home in Michigan these days......
    I'm sure it is. But that's irrelevant since she sold the house she owned in Northville years ago.

....Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Did any school in Michigan offer her a job? If not, why shouldn't she leave? She needs to earn a living
    I thought she was going to Wayne State?

I have had the "pleasure" of meeting her a couple times, and I can honestly say she is a shady character, her and her husband both... I say good riddance to that bitch.

I often got the sense she was just grooming herself for higher office while she was here. No doubt UC-Berkeley will give her higher visibility so she can rise to an office where her ineffectiveness will be even more valuable.

muskie1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I often got the sense she was just grooming herself for higher office while she was here. No doubt UC-Berkeley will give her higher visibility so she can rise to an office where her ineffectiveness will be even more valuable.
    I agree, I think she was, and is always on the look out for a D.C. job

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Not sure what type of visibility she'd get at Berkeley that she wouldn't get at UMich... Her real celebrity pay day will come from being a contributor on Meet the Press though.

But I view this a lot less harshly than what her predecessor did. He actually moved his residence to Virginia to head a beltway lobbying firm. And is only just now considering a move back to Michigan so that he can run for Stabenow's senate seat...

Actually, I was surprised by this move. I thought for sure she'd end up at Blue Cross or the DMC as so many of those before her did.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Not sure what type of visibility she'd get at Berkeley that she wouldn't get at UMich... Her real celebrity pay day will come from being a contributor on Meet the Press though.

But I view this a lot less harshly than what her predecessor did. He actually moved his residence to Virginia to head a beltway lobbying firm. And is only just now considering a move back to Michigan so that he can run for Stabenow's senate seat...
    That's because he doesn't know anything other than how to be a career politician.

Well...she is Canadian. What do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    Well...she is Canadian. What do you expect?
    I actually expected her to push a state law requiring restaurants to serve their fries with gravy.

Today is five years to the day that she uttered the famous words "In five years, you're going to be blown away...". Thanks, gov, I think we're all blown away. Adios.

She wants to run for Governor. Arnold told her "Lady, deficits under 20 billion here are chump change."

Look who's blowing away now?

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    Today is five years to the day that she uttered the famous words "In five years, you're going to be blown away...". Thanks, gov, I think we're all blown away. Adios.

I love how some seem to enjoy heaping all the responsibility on Granholm for the economy. Does the Legislature bear no responsibility? or the fact that the bottom dropped out of the national economy during her administration?

She was hardly the best Governor we have had, but she certainly hasn't been the worst.

Now we have the "wondernerd" for Governor. It's been 3 weeks since he took office - why isn't the economy booming yet?!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast