Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default fire distroys buildings in downtown windsor

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/UPDA...636/story.html

i was downtown a couple hours ago and it still stinks like melted plastic..

Which cigar shop burned? Was it La Casa De La Habanos?

I remember 19 years ago the Crazy Horse was the Hideaway, a popular nightclub in the early 90's. I spent many weekends there and I also remembered the cigar shop and I never got to buy a Cuban. LOL.

The one thing I hate about not having a passport is not being able to go to Windsor. It was one place I didn't mind going to.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Which cigar shop burned? Was it La Casa De La Habanos?
    No it's ok Downriviera, don't worry lol

Crazyhorse still stands as well but has lots of water and smoke damage, along with the post office. I thought the whole corner went up. That's going to leave a big hole in the streetscape when they level it.

I was just downtown and had to call 911 cuz some hobo had started a fire inside the building on the corner of W. Elizabeth and Park. Nothing major but according to the DFD it had been the second time in one day they had been there and literally the 30th time this month

i never got to eat at the drunken buritto... id heard it was good

anyways.. ya i really hope they rebuild.. hope they had good insurance

last thing we need is another empty lot

Yes, the Drunkin Burrito was very very good and cheap. Huge portions too, and it was a nice change from the 700 shawarma restaurants down there [[I personally can't stand that stuff - Mexican food - even Disneyfied Mexican food - after having some drinks is amazing). But, this will probably just be boarded up and left to rot, or turned into even more pointless surface parking.

The latest news is this incident is being investigated for arson.
    http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Down...546/story.html