Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Anyone see "Out of Sight" the movie?

It came out in 1998 with George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez. Saw it for the first time and it has some great shots of Detroit. Has a few shots of downtown, then some where they are driving through neighborhoods, a bunch of State Theater, some of the Fisher Building at night. There's also a long scene where JLo and Clooney are drinking at Coach Insignia [[or whatever it was before Prentis), then there's a romantic scene in one of the rooms at the RenCen Marriot, such beautiful views from those rooms. Clooney plays a bank robber who ends up getting arrested by Lopez while robbing a mansion in Bloomfield Hills.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    It came out in 1998 with George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez. Saw it for the first time and it has some great shots of Detroit. Has a few shots of downtown, then some where they are driving through neighborhoods, a bunch of State Theater, some of the Fisher Building at night. There's also a long scene where JLo and Clooney are drinking at Coach Insignia [[or whatever it was before Prentis), then there's a romantic scene in one of the rooms at the RenCen Marriot, such beautiful views from those rooms. Clooney plays a bank robber who ends up getting arrested by Lopez while robbing a mansion in Bloomfield Hills.
    You are making me feel old. I was an undergrad at U of D and a bunch of students went to the State Theater to be extras for the boxing scene.

The book was written by Elmore Leonard. Even taking the Detroit element out of it, it was a terrific movie and vastly underrated, or at least under-watched. I thought that movie played Detroit out well, particularly in the dialogue of Don Cheadle's character. Of course, it is easy to do when the words are taken from a local author.

Out of Sight was a great movie. Had a very Detroit feel to it, and great performances by Don Cheadle, George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez. I think it's probably the best film adaptation of an Elmore Leonard work.

Very very good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    Very very good movie.
    No. No it wasn't. Just me I'm sure. But it was not a good movie in my opinion

I wanted to, but it was too "Out of Sight".

This was the first Steven Soderbergh movie that I liked.