Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default MTV The Hills' Audrina Patridge Moving to Detroit for Show

Audrina Patridge is looking to make Detroit, Michigan the new "it" city as she packs her bags and heads for Motor City!

The reality star is making a new web series called "Dream Maker" that will feature her "as a new, up-and-coming talent manager from Hollywood who moves to Detroit to start her own firm."

Audrina is looking for people to help her in her quest, asking for audition tapes to be submitted to the YOBIAct contest. The winners will appear as Audrina's assistant and receptionist in the series.

YOBIAct's website describes the series, saying, "The world will watch and laugh as the new firm settles in, copes with interoffice dynamics, and goes through the trials of signing hot new talent before someone else gets them!"
    ================================================== ==
    This could be a Detroit public relations disaster. I can only imagine the "external-office" dynamics they perpetuate into overblown reality TV drama. Panhandling meth-head turns into Audrina's "Brush with Death."

I don't like the sound of this at all. Mostly because I don't watch the show and have no idea who Audrina Patridge is... and she sounds like some talentless over hyped nobody.

Who care about Audrina Patridge anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    I don't like the sound of this at all. Mostly because I don't watch the show and have no idea who Audrina Patridge is... and she sounds like some talentless over hyped nobody.

I think that about sums it up.

Yeah i say keep that fake reality trash in LA and New York where it belongs.

bartock Guest

$100 says it won't be Detroit. It will be Birmingham with shots of downtown Detroit in the opening credits and occasional night shots.

Make that $10.

you don't watch the show
    you don't know who audina partride is

yet you are able to criticize and call her a talentless hyped nobody??

im not sticking up for her but damn, with attitudes like that no wonder its next to impossible to do anything positive in Detroit.....

You guys are lame on this one. While I despise "the Hills", it sounds like she wants to try to help the city by bringing filming there, and getting some attention brought on it. What's wrong with that? It will bring in business, show Detroit in a positive light, and will make people interested and want to visit. Either way in my mind it's a positive thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    you don't watch the show
    you don't know who audina partride is

yet you are able to criticize and call her a talentless hyped nobody??

im not sticking up for her but damn, with attitudes like that no wonder its next to impossible to do anything positive in Detroit.....
    If I am not mistaken it is a show about rich kids in the Hills on MTV right? I think I have a right to make an assumption that it is not a show based on solid story lines with polished actors and actresses. Give me a break man.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    $100 says it won't be Detroit. It will be Birmingham with shots of downtown Detroit in the opening credits and occasional night shots.

Make that $10.
    Ding Ding! And we have a winner folks! Tell the man what he's won.

That girl will find a little bit of acceptance in the trendy burbs from her faithful followers. Having said that...... it will be a huge eye opener for her when she decides to head out into the city for a night only to have some idiot plow into her vehicle [[w/o insurance) and then step in a pothole full of piss.

Let me be the first to [[like - totally) welcome Audrina to Dyes!

PS - You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy.

Quote Originally Posted by lingramid View Post
    You guys are lame on this one. While I despise "the Hills", it sounds like she wants to try to help the city by bringing filming there, and getting some attention brought on it. What's wrong with that? It will bring in business, show Detroit in a positive light, and will make people interested and want to visit. Either way in my mind it's a positive thing.
    If those were her intentions and that is what happens then I am OK with it. But I could easily see it backfiring and having her bash the city... THAT I don't want.

yeah, i'm thinking her new business will be in Royal Oak or Birmingham.

The Hills? You do realize that show is, like, 60 percent just street sign transition sequences and old clips from The A-Team

Anything that can bring positive attention to Metro Detroit is a good thing in my book. Especially, if such attention is directed at the < 25 crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    Anything that can bring positive attention to Metro Detroit is a good thing in my book. Especially, if such attention is directed at the < 25 crowd.
    I would have to agree with you...if MTV is putting on the show then no doubt it's going to be big...the Hills does have a huge following among the under 25 crowd..My niece who is 23 told me that bars all over Detroit have "The Hills" parties whenever it comes on MTV. I have never seen it myself but I've heard all about it from my niece and all of her friends..she said everybody loves Audrina...that being said... Audrina welcome to Detroit!!!
    Last edited by EastsideQT; January-24-11 at 04:39 PM.

Pretty much. Not even positive attention but attention period that isn't tied to 1) violence, 2) industrial decline or 3) the auto industry. It'd be nice if the mayor and the governerd could actively work towards de-coupling Detroit and Michigan's image from the auto industry.

MTV isn't even on my radar. I had to have someone last month explain to me who Snooky and the Situation are and why they are big. Cable is for suckers. [[I expect to get some backlash for that!) Pay for T.V.? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    MTV isn't even on my radar.
    You probably aren't on theirs, either. Unless you are under 20 and a complete moron [[their target demographic).

I guess I hate the press release too.

"The world will watch and laugh as the new firm settles in, copes with interoffice dynamics, and goes through the trials of signing hot new talent before someone else gets them!"

Promising that a show will be funny is standard ad fluff. Promising that YOU will laugh is a stretch, but still standard.

But promising the WORLD will laugh? What, like, freakin' beggars in Calcutta are going to take a break from letting flies dine on their eye crusties for this shit -- and LAUGH?

Further proof of our slide into a new dark ages.

In my best Seinfeld imitation...."Who are these people"?

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I guess I hate the press release too.

"The world will watch and laugh as the new firm settles in, copes with interoffice dynamics, and goes through the trials of signing hot new talent before someone else gets them!"

Promising that a show will be funny is standard ad fluff. Promising that YOU will laugh is a stretch, but still standard.

But promising the WORLD will laugh? What, like, freakin' beggars in Calcutta are going to take a break from letting flies dine on their eye crusties for this shit -- and LAUGH?

Further proof of our slide into a new dark ages.
    Beggars in Calcutta? Where did that come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    You probably aren't on theirs, either. Unless you are under 20 and a complete moron [[their target demographic).
    That target demographic spends money.

I never said their business model doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideQT View Post
    if MTV is putting on the show then no doubt it's going to be big...the Hills does have a huge following among the under 25 crowd..My niece who is 23 told me that bars all over Detroit have "The Hills" parties whenever it comes on MTV. I have never seen it myself but I've heard all about it from my niece and all of her friends..she said everybody loves Audrina
    It's described as a web show. That's a step below direct-to-video, isn't it?

Don't you mean their parents money?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast