Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Rahm Emmanuel kicked off Chicago ballot.

A great day for Chicago - Emmanuel is kicked off the ballot. Unfortunately, he'll be back on the ballot as soon as the demican money machine kicks in.

My but I find him distasteful. I especially hate the way he has consistently hand-picked pro-war Democrats to run, many of whom lost, while the actual progressives he refused to support won a little.

gdogslim Guest

Name:  rahm pelosi get a roomimages.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  11.5 KBAn appeals court has ordered former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel off the ballot for mayor of Chicago, saying he does not meet the residency requirement for candidates.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ourt-ruling-/1
    ruling - http://www.state.il.us/court/opinion...ry/1110033.pdf

[[you beat me to it)
    "Odelson's clients say Emanuel is not eligible because he spent much of the past two years living in Washington as President Obama's top aide.
    Kevin Forde, Emanuel's lawyer, told the Chicago Sun-Times that the 2-1 ruling is "a surprise."
    Michael Dorf, an Illinois election lawyer not involved in the case, said the dispute is "absolutely headed for the state Supreme Court."

- You would think the Chicago machine would have this fixed by now.
    The former IL state rep, Freddie Mac fixer and ballet dancer needs to find a new job.

Will he stay in Chicago and wait for the next election or go back to DC I wonder.
    Maybe now he can work again on Obama's new campaign cycle from Chicago.
    Maybe he now has time to hook up with old friends since he's been so busy.

Rahm should just run for mayor of Detroit. It doesn't matter if he lives here or not, there are those who don't feel Detroiters have the right to ask for such a heinous "residential" qualifier.

curious... considering the President's endorsement, this is a mild public relations fail for him.. who are the black and latino candidates for chicago mayor that have a chance..

Rahm Emmanuel was among the FIRST 'Change[[s) You Can Believe In', from NO!bama. Hopefully, for the citizens of Chicago, they don't experience more of NO!bama's 'Change You Can Believe In'.

gdog: The former IL state rep, Freddie Mac fixer and ballet dancer needs to find a new job.
    Got something against ballet dancers? Does a man have to weigh a certain amount and be over six feet tall to get your respect?

Not anymore:
    The Illinois Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered election officials not to print any mayoral ballots without Rahm Emanuel's name while the justices consider whether to hear an appeal from the former White House chief of staff.
    http://www.channel3000.com/politics/...12230101252011

Since Ralm is holding back on the Chicago Political Machine Here are some other candidates for Mayor:

1. Gery Chico, He once Mayor Daley's right hand man and 2nd in command. Daley will have his support. He will grab strong support in the Mexican/Latino community and rest of the North and Northwest side of Chicago. He will also gain strong support in Chicago's Amour Square Chinese community later.

2.Miguel del Valle, former Chicago City Clerk and Illinois State Sentor He will grab some support in the Mexican/ Latino community and few whites and blacks.

3.Carol Moseley Braun, former U.S.Senator and Ambassador to New Zealand She will have more support in the Black community in Chicago and little support in both white, Asian, Mexican and Latino communities.

4. Patricia Van Pelt Watkins, She is a community activist She subsequently earned her bachelors, masters and PhD degrees and co-founding the 300-member Ambassadors of Christ Church in Chicago’s Auburn-Gresham neighborhood. She founded and was director of the Target Area Development Corp., a community organization. She doesn't have enough political principles to become mayor of Chicago. She have to start small in the Alderman board or work in the City services to obtain political views. She will have a lack of support all ethnic communities in Chicago. She will be out of the race in a primary flash.

In my prediction it will be Gery Chico vs. Carol Moseley Braun and Gery Chico will be Chicago's first Mexican Mayor.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Because RACE and RACE CARDS will play in role in politics.

KA'TUN is coming

NEDA, I MISS YOU SO.
    Last edited by Danny; January-28-11 at 12:49 PM.

Just heard that the Illinois Supreme Court overturned the lower court ruling and Emmanuel is back on the campaign trail....

gdogslim Guest

Rahm will win. Probably without a runoff.
    It was a bad decision legally as he didn't technically meet the Chicago carpetbagger laws of residency,
    intended to keep big money outsiders from coming in and taking over.

What do you right-wing partisans give two shits about the Chicago mayoral election? You clowns don't even vote your own economic interests--since when do you care about others???

It doesn't even matter if Rahm Emmanuel makes it onto the ballot or not. A Democrat will be elected Mayor of Chicago regardless. Seethe away.

Becoming Chicago's Mayor would be a great political steppingstone for Rahm and secure the always helpful cemetery vote for Illinois Democrats but who provided Rahm with $10M of campaign financing and bought off the Illinois Supreme Court for him assuming the justices weren't selected by the same crowd? I'm glad that Chicago politics isn't taught in civics classes. It's too complicated.

For an essence of those who most adore Mr. Emanuel, I went to Opensecrets.org and looked up his top ten campaign contributors in 2007-2008.
    1 UBS AG
    2 AT&T Inc
    3 Blackstone Group
    4 Simmons Cooper LLC
    5 JPMorgan Chase & Co
    6 Grosvenor Capital Management
    7 Goldman Sachs
    8 Citigroup Inc
    9 Lehman Brothers
    10 Merrill Lynch

#1 UBS AG is the largest private bank in the world and is headquartered in Switzerland. Sounds like a good way of funneling money.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Becoming Chicago's Mayor would be a great political steppingstone for Rahm and secure the always helpful cemetery vote for Illinois Democrats but who provided Rahm with $10M of campaign financing and bought off the Illinois Supreme Court for him assuming the justices weren't selected by the same crowd?
    I'm not claiming that Chicago politics are sparkling clean, but you make a pretty serious accusation of corruption here [[buying off the Illinois Supreme Court). Any evidence documenting as much, or are you just making shit up yet again?

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    I'm not claiming that Chicago politics are sparkling clean, but you make a pretty serious accusation of corruption here [[buying off the Illinois Supreme Court). Any evidence documenting as much, or are you just making shit up yet again?
    I was speaking figuratively although I did present the documented list of Rahm's top ten campaign contributors in his most previous election. It's much the same crowd that controls the Federal Reserve and conducts self serving government policy through such campaign contributions to elect the likes of Rahm, Obama, and Bush who in turn select justices. There is no need to send the Supreme Court justices envelopes of cash to support Wall Street candidates when the politicians who chose them are already financed by Wall Street firms.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Just heard that the Illinois Supreme Court overturned the lower court ruling and Emmanuel is back on the campaign trail....
    Then it would be Ralm vs. Chico for Mayor of Chicago.