Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Four Detroit Police Officers shot at Northwest Police District

Four police officers shot at Northwest Police District the shooter is dead.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...commander-shot
    Last edited by EastsideQT; January-23-11 at 06:07 PM.

Wish them well...

Three words: suicide by cop

This lost soul wanted to die. Life was over so he decided that he would let the cops take it from him and at the same time he thought he could take a cop or two with him.

What a screwed up place this city is.

At least the police got him before he could do further damage.

Umm.... did you read about Arizona??

What you probably meant to say is "what a screwed up place this country is"....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

completely agree, this type of stuff is happening all over America. Don't just pin shootings ONLY happening in Detroit.

God bless them.

The FoxDetroit page has another story about 3 people found dead in a Detroit home. That's in addition to the 3 shot at a strip club. That's 10 people since Friday in just those 3 incidents. That doesn't happen everywhere.

Our prayers go out to the police officers and their families and extended families. May God watch over them and heal not only their wounds but their hearts and minds as well.

Buy American Guest

I hope they all have a speedy recovery and God Bless them.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    The FoxDetroit page has another story about 3 people found dead in a Detroit home. That's in addition to the 3 shot at a strip club. That's 10 people since Friday in just those 3 incidents. That doesn't happen everywhere.
    This thread is about the officers. I agree with jtf1972. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

It's been a horrific week for law enforcment. In addition to the Livonia officer who was killed, two officers were killed trying to arrest a murder suspect in Miami this week, and an Indy police officer was shot during a traffic stop this morning. Prayers for the officers and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

This is a wonderful and free country. Detroit is a wonderful and free city. We have a handful of idiots who take advantage of our freedoms, and this is what you get. The answer to gun violence is another gun.

The answer to gun violence is another gun.
    Possibly this is supposed to be a joke [[kind of bad timing) but regardless of whether this makes sense in general, it doesn't make much sense when multiple police officers are shot at a police station; one would presume a shortage of guns in the vicinity wasn't the problem.

Hope they recover quickly and well.
    Last edited by mwilbert; January-23-11 at 10:03 PM.

For all intents and purposes, I think we can agree the burbs are safer than the city yet the burbs have bullet proof glass in front of their police station desks….Hmmmmmm Any thoughts? I think we can all say that being a cop is a dangerous carreer and we should say a prayer that they will all go home safe.....

Instead of praying why not do volunteer work for-with the police to help improve community relations. Ive already viewed comments on other sites expressing gratitude for the shooters demise. Im sorry the shooter was killed, as it would have been better if the shooter had lived to be studied to find out what thoughts and feelings, and or mental dysfunctions precipitated the attack.In other words, what made him tick-ed off?

True many suburban police stations have bulletproof glass. If money and effort is going to be spent-made to buttress the safety of Precinct desk cops, so too should society take seriously the conditions in precinct jails. Prisoners shouldnt be crammed into tiny cells like so much cattle,they should have clean drinking water and mattresses.Suspects should be given medication in a timely manner and illnesses taken seriously regardless of the prisoners social status or lifestyle.....

Its not just about the officers.
    Last edited by terryh; January-24-11 at 01:12 AM.

It's a both-and, terry, not a neither-nor situation. We can pray and we can volunteer.

My thoughts are with those affected. It is getting really crazy as of late.

This is just a few blocks from where I grew up in Franklin Park. What a crazy scenario, hopefully the cops recover fully.

My thoughts exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    It's a both-and, terry, not a neither-nor situation. We can pray and we can volunteer.

So far they haven't said anything about this guy. Maybe we'll get more today.

GangBanger trying to get promoted?
    Dealer bent on revenge?
    Random act of stupidity?

Isn't the remake of "Assault on Precinct 13" set in Detroit?

"The answer to gun violence is another gun.'

We know for a fact that wasn't the case in the death of the Livonia police officer. Just "another gun" turned into the weapon that killed the officer.

..If facility upgrades need monies that have to be approved by city council, I hope they get it for once..

"Godbee wouldn't comment on a possible motive, but said a relative of Moore's [[the shooter) is set to be sentenced today for a double homicide."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast