Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Looking for restaurant with small tableside jukeboxes

Does anyone know if there are any restaurants in deroit or the state of michigan that still has the little jukeboxes tableside that you can select and play songs right from the table...address would be helpful too, if you know of one, thanks.

The only table tops I've seen lately were at Johnny Rockets but the only one still around is in Auburn Hills. Honest John's on Selden might still have them.
    Last edited by EastsideQT; January-21-11 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance Masters View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any restaurants in deroit or the state of michigan that still has the little jukeboxes tableside that you can select and play songs right from the table...address would be helpful too, if you know of one, thanks.
    Gracie-See Pizzeria in Detroit on Greenfield Road...

Gracie-See, mmm, great food.

12 Mile/ Orchard Lake- former Biff's/ Old Time Deli/ Silverman's, now Hazel &Roberto's Coney.
    RIP Hazel [[12/24/10) I used to play 'Never On Sunday' for the old Greek Gal, she'd 'dance' waving the handkerchief.

If you come to Chicago you can go here http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/5fedd791.jpg . I was there on Monday.

detroitjim Guest

Track down Mr.Peabody and Sherman ,have them set the wayback machine for the mid 70's.
    Then head to the restaurant on the southwest corner of E Eight mile road and Van Dyke .
    You can even sit at the window and watch the cars go by while listening to your selections.

I forgot about them jukebox deals at Gracies. Always sit in the same couple of booths.

I remember A & G lunch on Joy Rd had em too, but have not been in there for a few years

Canterbury Palace. They also have fresh homemade pecan pie that is out of this world.

27281 Grand River Ave
    Redford, MI 48240-1608

Brings back memories of going to Clock restaurants in the 70's.
    Kind of disgusting because they weren't always properly cleaned and you could often find crusty ketchup/mustard and bashed potatoes smeared on them.

lilpup Guest

seems like some old time Big Boys had them, too

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Canterbury Palace. They also have fresh homemade pecan pie that is out of this world.

27281 Grand River Ave
    Redford, MI 48240-1608
    That's the one I was going to mention. Been there for a few late-night breakfasts over the years!

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    seems like some old time Big Boys had them, too
    Most definitely and car hops too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Most definitely and car hops too!
    Yes all the Big Boy restaurants had table side juke boxes in the 60's...the Big Boy that was on Harper and Dickerson had car hops...I think they wore roller skates.

Quote Originally Posted by SMRJim View Post
    That's the one I was going to mention. Been there for a few late-night breakfasts over the years!

omg, I love that place. I used to go there after I left The Carriage House on Grand River.

There is a shiny diner on Woodward, in Royal Oak I think, and I think they have them. Has been a few years since I've been there.

lilpup Guest

The diner in Henry Ford Museum might have them, too.

Does anyone know where I might get some of these table size juke boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    There are several tabletop jukeboxes on Ebay.

Clock Restaurant in Dearborn on Ford Rd or Warren I think.

Quote Originally Posted by lizaanne View Post
    There is a shiny diner on Woodward, in Royal Oak I think, and I think they have them. Has been a few years since I've been there.
    Thats Athens Coney Island.We had lunch there yesterday,no mini-juke boxes table top.No juke box,but oldies playing in the backround.

Gracie-See is on Greenfield and what street?

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post

I curious. You got a jukebox to use as a master? I assume the individual manufacturers had their own table top systems, that is you couldn't connect a Seeberg tabletop to a Rock-Ola or Wuriltzer "master".

LOL! Ick... perhaps that added to the musical flavor!
    Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    Brings back memories of going to Clock restaurants in the 70's.
    Kind of disgusting because they weren't always properly cleaned and you could often find crusty ketchup/mustard and bashed potatoes smeared on them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast