Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Travel Channel looking for forbidden places of Detroit

A friend of mine recently took a call from the producers of a new Travel Channel show that will explore "forbidden spaces" in major American cities. They're looking for something to explore in Detroit.

Any suggestions?

The Salt Mines?

What do you mean by "forbidden"?

There's nothing forbidden in Detroit...

Carlitta's woodshed behind the Manoogian?

JT....That is f*ckin hilarious mah dude!

yupp they already sent out something like this, looking for places to sneak in to

Quote Originally Posted by JTistle1 View Post
    Carlitta's woodshed behind the Manoogian?

The term "forbidden"... hmmmm... do they mean "illegal tresspassing"??

For the new folks on the forum... discussions of plans to tresspass are a real no-no on this forum [[you can't say "hey let's get together and do some urban exploring on private property").

But I'm curious about this show... are they pushing the legal limits?? Odd... when you Google it, it doesn't get any hits...

The producers of the show are the same people who do "Cities of the Underworld" on the History Channel. It's probably going to be about the same without the necessity of being "under ground."

I doubt the Travel Channel would produce a show in which the host illegally trespasses on private property.

The salt mines are a good idea. My wife and I had a debate this morning about the existence of some World War II ear tunnels that supposedly connected some plants to the fort.

The steam pipes / tunnels under the streets and the railroad tunnels under the Detroit River would be cool.

They will be seeking permission for the locations they want to film. No trespassing.

The Packards tunnels are fun, not entirely interesting but def. worth it.

Zug Island. Very restricted and uhh...gritty.

Quote Originally Posted by Irvine Laird View Post
    The salt mines are a good idea. My wife and I had a debate this morning about the existence of some World War II ear tunnels that supposedly connected some plants to the fort.
    It may be just me but I wouldn't be too interested in a show about ear tunnels. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Irvine Laird View Post
    My wife and I had a debate this morning about the existence of some World War II ear tunnels that supposedly connected some plants to the fort.
    you mean Fort Wayne...?

railroad tunnels.. steam tunnels.. anybody got links to photos?

There is a secret tunnel to Canada, its part of the underground railroad, where Rosa Parks meets the River. Don't tell anybody about it!