Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Green light in the sky

WWJ is reporting a mysterious green light flashing across the sky about nine last night. Anybody see it?

They say it wasn't Northern Lights because there were no reports of such activity in the official sun tracking sites.

Someone calling the Green Hornet?

The movie just opened, maybe one of theaters was doing a promo with a search light.

It was reported as a meteor, in the eastern sky...

Hollywood has some pull.

It must have been pretty bright and pretty quick. I am not sure, because I had my back to the eastern window, but something seemed to brightly flash around that time. By the time I turned around to look out, nothing.

It could be Aliens in disguise in the Meteor Showers!!

someone was lighting cow farts

Green light means Go, right? Maybe you were being told to go somewhere.

LOL! It didn't look green to me, if what I saw was it, so I missed my cue. It was just a flash of bright light.

Go to the light.

Go to the light.

It was a full moon last night. Once in a green moon?

It was a wolf moon. Just beautiful. Also, there were full moon ceremonies in many communities across our state.

I was walking my building at around 9:30 that night and saw nothing, Which is normal. I did note that it was a Full Moon. That explains the Kindergarteners acting up, Maybe it was Aliens, Wish I'd seen it.

My son and I saw it driving south down Woodward near B'ham last night about 9. After the flash, he said "Did you see that? What was that ...lightning?." We assumed it was lightning, but now I'm not sure.

From the American Meteor Society:

http://www.amsmeteors.org/fireball2/...t=Find+Reports

Looks like it was event #83...about a dozen reports in the region from that night.

I saw something like that in December while driving east bound on I-94 before the Trumbull exit. There was a meteor showing going on at the time, but it didn't look like any planetesimals I had seen before.

Truly cool!

I hope Detroit doesn't experience having dead animals reports

Damn I missed it!!!!......I swear I am going to miss my own death....