Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Teen dies after he’s shot by ex-cop

Anderson D. Hudson, 18, died from multiple gunshot wounds after he was shot by a retired Detroit police officer Sunday evening, an official at the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s Office said. Police said Hudson approached the retired officer and pointed a gun at him in the 14700 block of W. 7 Mile Road. The retired officer, whose name wasn’t released, shot and killed the 18-year-old, Detroit police spokeswoman Sgt. Eren Stephens said.

-- COMPILED FROM REPORTS BY MEGHA SATYANARAYANA, CHRISTINA HALL, PEGGY WALSH-SARNECKI, TRESA BALDAS AND GINA DAMRON
    Apparently this young man was a student at Grosse Pointe South HIgh School where he was a football player. What was he doing way over on the west side?

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Apparently this young man was a student at Grosse Pointe South HIgh School where he was a football player. What was he doing way over on the west side?
    Appears to me as if he was trying to rob people in a party store parking lot. If tried this in Grosse Pointe, Buffy and Tad may tell on him. Now we have people from Grosse Pointe coming into Detroit to rob folks? Something is seriously wrong here!

Perhaps his parents are separated/divorced?

Why doesn't the headline [[and the OP) read "Teenage thug attempts armed robbery and is shot and killed by heroic retired police officer" as it should?

The title on this thread is a bit misleading. How about "Armed robbery foiled by retired Officer"

The title was lifted from the Freep, as was the story.

Is there a link to the story?

If this is all true, then good riddance and kudos to the ex-cop.

Armed and ready at the right time for justice.

Shame the kid wasn't on the right path, but if he was recruited by GP South, he must've been some kinda football player. Damn shame.

If this is all true, I hope he becomes the poster boy who causes ALL young men and women to seek the better path.

No charges should be filed against the shooter, either.

Here is the link to a ClickonDetroit.com article. Still looking for the other link. The story was sent to me in an email, not as a link.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/26513521/detail.html

Please folks, I am not defending this kid or jumping on the ex-cop. I am just wondering how the kid went so far off the rails.

Does anyone have any further information.?

So some rich kid from "RICHVILLE" went to the ghettoes of Detroit looking for some poor folk to rob. Well he got it from a former Detroit cop and he didn't know. I can't wait til I see this on Spike TV's 1000 Ways to Die!

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

While I see a reversal of Robin Hood.

Neda, I miss you so.

Sorry, Danny.

It is more like, some rich school's promising sports star gave up on his future and returned to his roots, and the former officer sealed the deal.

There is NO reason to assume he was some rich kid, or even a child of anyone rich. You need to bone up on sports recruitment practises. You can be guaranteed someone will after this story grows as big as it should.

When I had my experience out in West Bloomfield with that home invader, where I chased him down for fifteen minutes...HE was a child of divorced rich parents. But I don't suspect it from this fellow.

So some rich kid from "RICHVILLE"
    Don't read too much into his attending Grosse Pointe South. Very few kids from GPS qualify as a "rich kid." Also, not that it has anything to do with the story, this kid was African-American.

Not on the 2010 GPS Team Roster. Maybe he graduated in 2010 and played on their 2009 team.

http://www.gpsouthfootball.com/Roste...ity%20Team.htm

Check No. 88.

He wasn't a starter.

Check No. 88.

He wasn't a starter.
    So, he went by his middle name of Demere I guess? I was looking for a kid named Anderson Hudson.
    Last edited by RedeemerKid; January-19-11 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Sorry, Danny.

It is more like, some rich school's promising sports star gave up on his future and returned to his roots, and the former officer sealed the deal.

There is NO reason to assume he was some rich kid, or even a child of anyone rich. You need to bone up on sports recruitment practises. You can be guaranteed someone will after this story grows as big as it should.
    GP South is about the LAST place any kid with any Football talent is going to end up. GPs aren't schools of choice either. If the kid was a DPS refugee, someone in his family took him in in GP and declared he was a resident of the district...or his family moved there. In any event, clearly a a case of when keeping it real goes wrong.

I don't live too far from that store so I say this without being cruel. The kid got what he deserved. I, like many others walk on Seven Mile and that buster could have come across me with his weapon asking for the few pennies that I have. For the record, I don't carry a gun so had he crossed paths with me, this 18 year old punk would have the ups on me and I'm just going to the store. We are fortunate that this retired police officer would retire this up and coming desperado. Send a powerful message to our young people. Want to live a long life, don't pick up that gun.

So this kid lives in Grosse Pointe Park and attends GP South High School.

Again, what the hell was he doing way over on the west side? Was that his original neighborhood? How did he get there? Everyone on this forum will testify that DOT bus service is practically non-existent.

I am not trying to shift blame to the ex-cop. There is something wrong here and I don't know what it is.

It's amazing how many guys with scholarships at big colleges still get into trouble with the law.
    U of M and State have had their share of scandals the last few years. You have to wonder what parents this kid had and what values they gave him.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    GP South is about the LAST place any kid with any Football talent is going to end up. GPs aren't schools of choice either. If the kid was a DPS refugee, someone in his family took him in in GP and declared he was a resident of the district...or his family moved there. In any event, clearly a a case of when keeping it real goes wrong.
    Not that it's terribly important considering the story at hand, but GPS actually advanced to the State Semi-Finals in Division Two this past season, losing to eventual State Champ Farmington Hills Harrison. Seems like a nice up and coming attractive program.

Then they fired the coach. Then they re-hired him. Lots of drama at GPS Football lately.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/local/detroit/article/Sad-situation-for-GP-South-coach-Tim-Brandon/
    Last edited by RedeemerKid; January-19-11 at 02:07 PM.

gdogslim Guest

baily: "GP South is about the LAST place any kid with any Football talent is going to end up."
    - I know, what parent would want to send a kid to GP south or north if they wanted to to get a college basketball or football scholarship, you would guess they would go to a better program with more visibility.

cpcharles: "Again, what the hell was he doing way over on the west side? Was that his original neighborhood? How did he get there?""

me: Who knows? they are investigating it looks like. Maybe he was trying to get some quick cash for a burger at miller's in dearborn because he heard it was the best and wanted to make a road trip.
    Or maybe he needed some quick crack cash for a little partying with some old buds.
    Aren't most felonies like 95% in grosse pointe found out that are created by people from detroit?

The one article that got it right said quote "18-year-old black man", the moment the perp pick up a gun and was willing to use it in the commission of a crime he left his teen years behind him. Had the victim been anyone else other than an armed and "trained" ex-cop, the perp would have just been able to put another notch in his crime spree belt! This story had a happy ending good guy wins bad guy KIA. IMH[[hardass)O when you pull a gun on someone with the intent to rob/injure etc you lose your "human race membership card" the perp rolled the dice and lost....just another day in the "D". Now the ex-cop gets to live with the fact that he had to take a life to save his own life or the life of his family. I'm sure he didn't wake up that day thinking "gee maybe I will get the chance to shoot a perp today, but you can bet your bottom dollar Mr. Perp woke up with the intent to get some easy money from some working stiff. Good riddins Mr Perp.
    Last edited by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83; January-19-11 at 03:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast