Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What happened to the Woodbridge Star B&B?

My girlfriend and I had the most extraordinary time while staying there in February of 2008. Stephen and Alan made our stay extra special...from the marvelous breakfasts Alan prepared, to their inviting personalities that made you feel right at home.
    They seemed so commited to the home, each other and Detroit...

I know the B&B has been closed for sometime, but my girlfriend and I have such heavy hearts to now see the house up for sale.
    Should anyone personally know Stephen and/or Alan, please pass along a friendly hello and hug from Paul and Shannon in Greenwood, SC! Thanks

Paul
    Last edited by PaulieG63; January-19-11 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulieG63 View Post
    My girlfriend and I had the most extraordinary time while staying there in February of 2008. Stephen and Alan made our stay extra special...from the marvelous breakfasts Stephen prepared, to their inviting personalities that made you feel right at home.
    They seemed so commited to the home, each other and Detroit...

I know the B&B has been closed for sometime, but my girlfriend and I have such heavy hearts to now see the house up for sale.
    Should anyone personally know Stephen and/or Alan, please pass along a friendly hello and hug from Paul and Shannon in Greenwood, SC! Thanks

Paul
    For personal reasons, the partners split up, and went their separate ways.
    Unable to sustain the business and household alone, Alan was forced
    to accept the inevitable, and move to surrender his business dealings
    regarding the Bed&Breakfast.
    It was/is a very sad day, as we all in Woodbridge were quite proud of their accomplishments, and the beautiful restoration of their home.
    I wish I could afford to purchase the house.
    This information was given to me mostly via neighborhood gossip, with some
    second hand knowledge thrown in.
    Maybe something good can come of all this. One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFreddy View Post
    For personal reasons, the partners split up, and went their separate ways.
    Unable to sustain the business and household alone, Alan was forced
    to accept the inevitable, and move to surrender his business dealings
    regarding the Bed&Breakfast.
    It was/is a very sad day, as we all in Woodbridge were quite proud of their accomplishments, and the beautiful restoration of their home.
    I wish I could afford to purchase the house.
    This information was given to me mostly via neighborhood gossip, with some
    second hand knowledge thrown in.
    Maybe something good can come of all this. One can only hope.
    These are the kinds of small, personal businesses that are true gems and define people and places. You can go to the best or worst places, experience a business like this and leave carrying a memory for life. It's a shame their split caused the demise of the business. I wish the former partners well and hope they're able to chase their dreams in other ways that will have an equal impact on their communities.

The curved glass and the curved oak trim in the turret was exquisite, as was the entire house. One of the owners told me the house cost 75k to build in the 1890's. Old Detroit, where no expense was spared!

JohnnyFreddy, thank-you for your response. My head figured some such thing, but my heart has resisted...until now.

"Maybe something good can come of all this. One can only hope."

"I wish the former partners well and hope they're able to chase their dreams in other ways that will have an equal impact on their communities."

Amen brothers...amen...

Paul