Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Ice Storm

Default Ice Storm

...as I found out when went to put out the trash today. It was mild and drizzily and my inclined driveway appeared just to be damp. Not. Out went my feet, down on my bottom and I and the recycyle bin got a free ride. LOL. Everything is glazed with a quarter to half inch of ice.

Stories?

No ice in Warrendale. It was just wet.

Same thing happened to me with the trash-except I was lucky and didn't fall! I think the problem is the water is starting to melt some of the snow and ice away but there is still a lot of ice that is now hidden among the water. So it's a lot worse then it looks in areas that didn't have the snow completely removed.

I slipped a few times, just enough to let me know gravity was SERIOUS this morning.

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    ...as I found out when went to put out the trash today. It was mild and drizzily and my inclined driveway appeared just to be damp. Not. Out went my feet, down on my bottom and I and the recycyle bin got a free ride. LOL. Everything is glazed with a quarter to half inch of ice.

Stories?
    Sure.

I went out last night and salted my driveway, as well as my sidewalks. No worries.

Here's another one. Once upon a time there were three bears... er nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    It was mild and drizzily
    Mizzily.

That one phoned in from Engandingadine.

Spent the past week in the house cooped up thanks to 7 inches of snow and 1/2 inch of ice on top of it. Oh yea, forgot to mention, this is Greenville, SC

Forgot to mention 9 days later it's still hanging around after 2 days of rain and temps in the 50s

i just stared at the bottom cement step on my front stoop, paralyzed with fear of falling until my hubby took my arm and guided me to the car. I felt like an old lady

It wasn't slippery here this morning, but when I took Miss Ginger out this evening, boy howdy! Slick it was!

Ice is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Ice is cool.
    LOL I'd really prefer it stay in my drink