Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What's happening to Booby Trap?

Not that I have ever been there. And I would be more than thrilled to see a strip club go away forever. But I drive past this place every day. I've noticed that they have the front ripped off and the main doors are bricked in. Is it going away? Please?

Who's Bobby Trap? Is he related to the von Trapp's?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Who's Bobby Trap? Is he related to the von Trapp's?
    So, to the Booby Trap I say:

So long
    Farewell
    Aufwiedersehn
    Goodnight
    I hate to go and leave this pretty sight

So long
    Farewell
    Aufwiedersehn
    Adeiu
    Adeiu Adeiu
    To yieu and yieu and yieu

So long
    Farewell
    Au 'voire
    Aufwiedersehn
    I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne

So long
    Farewell
    Aufwiedersehn
    Goodbye
    I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye

Goodbye!

Why the hostility toward boobs? Boobs are SWEET lol.

bartock Guest

Maybe enhancements? After years, sometimes the facades start to sag.

You guys slay me.

Because the Booby Trap was a Boo Boo...:-)

Hey now! The Booby Trap is a historic landmark, just not the kind that we usually like to talk about.

The lap dance was first introduced at the Booby Trap.

muskie1 Guest

God's gift to baseball [[just ask him) Kirk Gibson bought it and is doing a remodel. His wife is going back to her career and his daughter wants to follow in her footsteps.

Maybe this has something to do with it.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011011...o-faking-books

fake books? of all the fake things there, I wouldn't have guessed books.

What a shame, natural books are much better, especially when the feds start pawing the figures.

It's being remodeled

They sure are taking their time . My wife has driven by there every day for the last 10 years and can't remember the last time she saw it open for customers . She did say that around Christmas the billboard had something about a Christmas party , whether it was there or not she couldn't say .

She hasn't seen it open in 10 years? I don't think I've ever seen it closed.

It's always open - I drive by there twice every day. Today more of the front was ripped off. Sad it's not just going away. Oh well. I suppose anything has to look better than The Colosseum further East on 8 Mile near the railroad tracks. What a horrific eyesore! Color changing obelisks??? What were they thinking??!!!

i used to go by the coliseum but ive never heard of the booby trap...

DetroitPole Guest

Don't go to strip clubs myself. Never had a problem seeing tits when I really wanted to, if I may be so bold. Tax paying businesses in the City of Detroit undergoing actual renovations? Then bring on the boobies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    i used to go by the coliseum but ive never heard of the booby trap...
    The one on Michigan was a favorite of mine for years. Much more upscale than most. Lots of big business folks. I'd imagine more than one Ford deal was worked out there.

Heard that they were selling the place, and then they were going to undergo "extensive renovations".

I pass both the Coliseum and the Booby Trap twice a day on my Greenfield-to-Gratiot commute down 8 Mile to and from work. I never paid any attention to either place until I saw this thread. The Booby Trap looks downright abandoned, those renovations must be very "extensive" indeed.

Yesterday there were two fellars working on the facade; taking down the old fascia and removing the metal studs it was attached to.

They are dismantling it to put it in the Henry Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    They are dismantling it to put it in the Henry Ford.
    They have a spot picked for it right in the cottage industry area. Word is they also have the original cheesecake factory building. That is going there too.
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; January-16-11 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Yesterday there were two fellars working on the facade; taking down the old fascia and removing the metal studs it was attached to.
    It's called a bra.