Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default city-county building

I was born and raised in Detroit in the 1940's 50's, 60's. My father was in government there. His name is on the city-county building.

Buy American Guest

What is his name and where did he work in the City County Bldg?

Coleman Young Junior have you been drinking again?

Welcome to the board Judy.... ignore DetroitPlanner... he' knows that the child of "the other name" on the building wasn't alive in the 40s-70s...

What was your father's name?

Welcome to the forum, Judy. As this was her first post, I assumed it was just a brief introduction thread with the possibility of spurring talk about the City County Building.

So what's his name? Also, welcome, Judy!

Stromberg2

"I was born and raised in Detroit in the 1940's 50's, 60's. My father was in government there. His name is on the city-county building."
    Do we have to answer this Jeopardy style ?

Who was Van Antwerp?

Most people think the City County building was named for the government offices which occupy it. It is a little known fact that it was named after the county commisioner Wilfred "City" County, a driving force in the bringing together Detroit & Wayne for a project that I am completely making up for the sake of I don't know why, but I thought it would be fun. I'm interested in knowing who this mystery man whose name is on the City-County building is too!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Who was Van Antwerp?
    Eugene Ignatius Van Antwerp, city council member & one-term mayor [[2 year) before Cobo.

[[Didn't even have to look it up, strangely enough.)

Wrong - the answer is - Who is Judy Chadman ?

"I was born and raised in Detroit in the 1940's 50's, 60's. My father was in government there. His name is on the city-county building."
    Do we have to answer this Jeopardy style ?