Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Home invasion family nabbed

I see that there is a family that has warped values.
    They bonded together by robbing houses.
    Four of them were got nailed after looting a house on Rosemont
    in the Rosedale area.
    Amazing how sophisticated these guys were.

The family that preys together, pays together?

Suspect No. 1: Charnita Gardenshire, 36, is a habitual offender and her bond is only $10,000?
    As a victim of a home invasion there, I am thoroughly disgusted.

This is crazy, The woman is a grandmother at 36? Weird... well maybe not.

And you wonder why there are repeat offenders all over they place.
    Too bad these guys aren't pulling up their van into the judge's residence.
    He might live in Rosedale Park too.

OMG, she brought her son and the father of her grandchild and her nephew along. Great family leader, Ma Gardenshire.

Quote Originally Posted by jbd441 View Post
    This is crazy, The woman is a grandmother at 36? Weird... well maybe not.
    Crazier than that is the fact that someone would want to breed with her.

The gentleman that B&E my house was a habitual. A list of B&E and other crimes.
    He pled guilty to my home invasion and pled away the habitual.

THis was 15 years ago and I get the info as a crime victim.
    He has been in and out of the penal system all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    The gentleman that B&E my house was a habitual. A list of B&E and other crimes.
    He pled guilty to my home invasion and pled away the habitual.

THis was 15 years ago and I get the info as a crime victim.
    He has been in and out of the penal system all these years.
    We were home when they came in. They cut the phone lines before they came through the door. The ONLY thing that saved us was the fact that I was able to escape to another room with a cell phone. These people lived about 6 houses down across the street. I was able to ID them. After my husband got out of the hospital, we stayed at a hotel for THREE months while waiting for an arrest. After that amount of time, we decided to move to AZ. They FINALLY made an arrest, but we were no longer in state to testify. It changed my entire family, and I am still very pissed. With the light bond this woman is getting for being an offender that is habitual, I am pissed all over again.

Made me think of Alberta Easter and her fine sons.And Bella I would be pissed too.

Good recollection, reddog!! I forgot about that, but I surely remember that! I'm anxious to see what the sentencing on these people ends up being. I'm still stunned that her bond that her bond was so low, although I am guessing she won't be able to bond out anyway.

I really think that DPD should use this as an example to get people to pressure the courts to set appropiately high bail and pass approppiately harsh sentences.

It must be demoralizing for DPD to continually arrest people just to see them back on the street. Our courts need to grow a backbone to keep the repeat offenders off the streets and make sentences long enough to potentially defer other criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    I really think that DPD should use this as an example to get people to pressure the courts to set appropiately high bail and pass approppiately harsh sentences.

It must be demoralizing for DPD to continually arrest people just to see them back on the street. Our courts need to grow a backbone to keep the repeat offenders off the streets and make sentences long enough to potentially defer other criminals.
    They should absolutely have high bail and harsh sentences. Certainly way more than a B&E if people were home. Plus I think a lot of this gets swept under the rug on purpose to keep crime rates low.

So sorry about your ordeal, Bella, and others here who have been victims of home invasions.

Lock them up. Throw the book at them. We have to send the message that this is unacceptable.

The only thing you couldn't charge her with is child abandonment.

What a horrific example to set for your kids to follow.

Thanks, English. smogboy, her kid probably would have been better off if that was the only thing she was charged with. I wonder who has her child now?

For some reason, I haven't been able to make paragraphs in this thread.