Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I like being able to see which threads people are looking at because I can find interesting threads that I haven't read.

I like each upgrade less - I prefer the lighter versions of the past. I use my phone more than anything to view the forum, and this version is too bloated for it. It freezes my mobile system for several minutes while it loads.

When I try to preview my posts, all the text is white on white so I can't see it. OSX 10.6.5, Firefox.

Everything else is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    ... The problems I am having are not being able to make paragraphs, ....
    Many posts have no whitespace between paragraphs. It makes for a difficult read.

I've developed the habit of composing my posts in Notepad [[for other reasons*) and then copying and pasting the whole post into the editor here. To get one blank line to appear between paragraphs, I find I need to insert two blank lines in Notepad. It works.

Not sure if that helps you but it might help others.

Another mystery is why blank lines often get inserted unexpectedly between the Preview Post and Submit Reply stages. Not exactly WYSIWYG!

But this is all small potatoes to me. I only mention it in case it helps others or vBulletin's quality control.

I use Internet Explorer and the WYSIWYG editor.

* Often while typing directly into this editor, I suddenly and mysteriously lose all the text I've typed up to that point. This always happens when I type fast. [[I'm a fast typist.) That never happens when I first compose the text in Notepad and then copy&paste everything into the editor.
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-12-11 at 07:56 PM.

Hmmm. No way to post a photo like the old way. Have to go to a URL. No good.

There was a way, it doesn't seem to be there right now, Attachments.

Test without URL, clicking on the attachments paperclip, [[uploaded from local computer):
    Attachment 8546

Ray's Key

Seems to work now. Keep trying in the test forum?

For what was that key anyway? I forgot.

Here's a clue: immediately after selecting the image I had to wait a very long time before any indication that it took. No, maybe that was just me. Whatever.

Point is: I did it, so can you.
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-12-11 at 11:06 PM.

Uploading images using Quick Reply
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  16.9 KB
    Name:  22.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  29.7 KB
    Name:  33.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  28.2 KB
    Name:  66.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  22.7 KB
    Use Go Advanced for advanced options and ability to preview before you post.

I noticed today that a few threads have this look. Is it a malfunction? Black on blue.

I get the black on blue for the non-detroit threads and this one, but the detroit threads areblack on white

I assume this lack of contrast of linked text will be corrected:
    [[Screenshot from Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3