Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gdogslim Guest

Default Internet ID For US . What do you think

"President Obama is planning to hand the U.S. Commerce Department authority over a forthcoming cybersecurity effort to create an Internet ID for Americans, a White House official said here today.

It's "the absolute perfect spot in the U.S. government" to centralize efforts toward creating an "identity ecosystem" for the Internet, White House Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt said. ""
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_1...37-501465.html
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...-id-americans/

Great, between the patriot act, they can spy on you for just about anything now, the Obama don't Care - they can have instant acces to your bank accounts to monitor your spending -
    and now this - the Inet ID - They government will have TOTAL control over your life from womb to tomb. Don't cha love it.
    Hope and change, coming to you directly from the guvment.

DetroitDad Guest

I think they're advocating open IDs. Thus far I have been using one for my Blogger url. I can log into many sites under that url, as it is uniquely verified to be me, no one else has that Open ID.

The move also is likely to please privacy and civil liberties groups that have raised concerns in the past over the dual roles of police and intelligence agencies.
    "We are not talking about a national ID card," Locke said at the Stanford event. "We are not talking about a government-controlled system. What we are talking about is enhancing online security and privacy and reducing and perhaps even eliminating the need to memorize a dozen passwords, through creation and use of more trusted digital identities."

checkraisej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gdogslim View Post
    "President Obama is planning to hand the U.S. Commerce Department authority over a forthcoming cybersecurity effort to create an Internet ID for Americans, a White House official said here today.

It's "the absolute perfect spot in the U.S. government" to centralize efforts toward creating an "identity ecosystem" for the Internet, White House Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt said. ""
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_1...37-501465.html
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...-id-americans/

Great, between the patriot act, they can spy on you for just about anything now, the Obama don't Care - they can have instant acces to your bank accounts to monitor your spending -
    and now this - the Inet ID - They government will have TOTAL control over your life from womb to tomb. Don't cha love it.
    Hope and change, coming to you directly from the guvment.
    Go get yourself a cabin in Montana, then. It worked for Ted K. Use cash. Get together with Gannon he can fill you in on the rest of the government conspiracy theories.

I would surely love not to have to remember a bunch of passwords and be directed to change them every 29 days and by the way DO NOT USE anything similar to the ones you had before. My personal memory banks are rejecting new passwords now.

They can already cross reference you're e-mail, etc. with you're chip identifier in you're computer.Just one step closer to totalitarianism. Adolf will be proud. Just think: All of the soldiers that died for "freedom" in past wars died in vain. They should just get it over with and start tattooing a SS number directly on to our babies. But then again, it is the exponential increase of the population that is adding to the need for "more government security". Glad I didn't make any children grow up in the post 1984 world.

I am so happy that the Federal Government is there to create this Internet ID for me. I mean, I can hardly turn the computer on, much less use my brain to remember such things as passwords. I think this is just what the Government is so good at: babysitting the likes of retarded Americans such as myself. Thank you Obama, for keeping me so, so safe. Good job...good job.

Excellent example of sarcasm, Dent. I feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by checkraisej View Post
    Go get yourself a cabin in Montana, then. It worked for Ted K. Use cash.
    Or better yet, gold. lol
    http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col.../gold-faithful

DEnt: I am so happy that the Federal Government is there to create this Internet ID for me. I mean, I can hardly turn the computer on, much less use my brain to remember such things as passwords.
    Are you opposed to picture IDs too?
    Last edited by maxx; January-09-11 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaumVogel View Post
    They can already cross reference you're e-mail, etc. with you're chip identifier in you're computer.Just one step closer to totalitarianism. Adolf will be proud. Just think: All of the soldiers that died for "freedom" in past wars died in vain. They should just get it over with and start tattooing a SS number directly on to our babies. But then again, it is the exponential increase of the population that is adding to the need for "more government security". Glad I didn't make any children grow up in the post 1984 world.
    Man, if you're serious, you're one paranoid bugger.

Hold up, hold up.... People are worried here about being identified and tracked? Uh....you already have been since you've made your first keystroke online. Everywhere you go and everything you type is logged, cached, and archived. Alot of that information is privately held by ISPs and data farms [[like google), but if you were being investigated, your entire internet history could be retrieved if necessary. Alot of people think they have privacy control over the internet, but they really don't.

The ID system may make retrieving this information easier. Whether that's a good or bad thing is open to debate. It may put an end to online piracy..who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Man, if you're serious, you're one paranoid bugger.
    Read wolverine's post,Ray. I'm not paranoid...you're just ignorant. You're on camera constantly. They see through you're clothes at the airport. I understand why we need this level of security, it's just a shame that we do. Just because you are clueless about how much you are being watched...doesn't make people in the know "paranoid".
    Last edited by RaumVogel; January-09-11 at 06:45 PM.

Go get yourself a cabin in Montana, then. It worked for Ted K. Use cash. Get together with Gannon he can fill you in on the rest of the government conspiracy theories.
    I am unaware that I possessed that complete a knowledge base.

I have posted on the internet under my last name everywhere I've ever keystroked e-communication. Only time I didn't use 'Gannon' was when one of my relatives, distant or otherwise, got there first.

On purpose.

Kinda flies in the face of those who want to imagine that I'm paranoid about anything. Ever.

So...what sort of thing may happen with THIS ID situation? It only makes it easy for the government [[or some ersatz authority figure in some agency) to keep one from accessing the internet.

Because of that, I am against the idea, completely.

They already have the ability to track down the permanent number assigned to your particular computer...so there IS no anoymity against prosecution of real crimes.

I see no benefit to this. For anyone, excep those 'overlords' who would want to control us.

Cheers,
    John

The federal government is so good at it's own security that it can reassure us from time to time that the most recent Chinese break-in into Pentagon or Livermore lab computers systems only secured unimportant information. Just because it had a it's own little Wikileaks security breach doesn't mean it can't do better with our personal internet accounts than it's own.

Some of you people think that we're losing our privacy?? Where have you been since 9/11??

Your phones can be tapped and your online conversations accessed... just use too many terrorism related words, and you'll be flagged in no time.

The biggest mystery to me is why some of you are surprised....

checkraisej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I am unaware that I possessed that complete a knowledge base.

I have posted on the internet under my last name everywhere I've ever keystroked e-communication. Only time I didn't use 'Gannon' was when one of my relatives, distant or otherwise, got there first.

On purpose.

Kinda flies in the face of those who want to imagine that I'm paranoid about anything. Ever.

So...what sort of thing may happen with THIS ID situation? It only makes it easy for the government [[or some ersatz authority figure in some agency) to keep one from accessing the internet.

Because of that, I am against the idea, completely.

They already have the ability to track down the permanent number assigned to your particular computer...so there IS no anoymity against prosecution of real crimes.

I see no benefit to this. For anyone, excep those 'overlords' who would want to control us.

Cheers,
    John
    I never said you were paranoid. I said you know a lot about government conspiracy theories. I could be mistaken, though.

Public-Key Cryptography might be of interest here.

That won't thwart Traffic Analysis though.

We already have IP Addresses and MAC Addresses. What's new?

This seems to be an opt-in plan anyway. I suspect this is another contrived indignity that is unwarranted. Consider the source, and their biases.
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-10-11 at 12:12 AM.

I never said you were paranoid. I said you know a lot about government conspiracy theories. I could be mistaken, though.
    I know, that was directed at others who've claimed repeatedly otherwise!

Even when I WAS being directly watched a few years back, I merely watched back. It was quite fun, actually.

Cheers!

gdogslim Guest

re: checkraisej "Go get yourself a cabin in Montana, then. It worked for Ted K. Use cash. Get together with Gannon he can fill you in on the rest of the government conspiracy theories."
    Brilliant comment coming from a prison guard, where did you get you PhD from?
    Are you implying I'm a conspiracy nut who hates the government? I'm not at all.
    I just don't want some prison guard-like TSA agent feeling my genitals and anal cavity.
    They already know about most everything we've done already, big deal.
    All the internet traffic data is stored underground in NSA computer banks in Virginia and Colorado etc. They also have your phone numbers. addresses etc. [[the military has it too)
    So someone like a Manning or government official could feasibly get and sell YOUR personal data en masse to a marketing company, wouldn't that be terrific????

Fact: Obama Care bill - Government can have REAL TIME access to your bank account.
    Why do they want it? Something Pelosi and Obama and Reid didn't want you to know.

I guess this is the hope and change all the fools counted on.

"We are not talking about a government-controlled system. What we are talking about is enhancing online security and privacy and reducing and perhaps even eliminating the need to memorize a dozen passwords, through creation and use of more trusted digital identities."

sorry fear-n-hate mongers, but there it is

gdogslim Guest

Then why does the government want to take control of it and regulate it ???
    I'm sure they want to FORCE every citizen to HAVE health insurance and an internet ID because it is for our own good.
    Yeah right, go on believing that.
    Sure the techies can create it, but the guvment will control and monitor it.
    What happened to the free market and choice? Obama being the marxist ideoloque that he is, believes da guvment is the solution.
    I am a realist, not paranoid at all, just look at every government program and how it grows like cancer.

"The National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace, to the U.S. Commerce
    Department
    regarding a national “cybersecurity measure” that will aim to give each U.S. citizen their own unique Internet ID, but U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke assures us, “We are not talking about a national ID card.”
    Yeah right, uh huh, we all believe that. Sounds like a national ID when everyone will be using the internet and you HAVE to have it.
    Will the IRS fine you if you don't get, like in the Obama don't Care bill????
    Or will the FBI send you a letter telling you to comply or else??
    How will they enforce it???? HUH?

Obama Care bill - Government can have REAL TIME access to your bank account.

I think it's the hospital that will want to know whether you can pay the bill first. But if the gov. is going to pay the medical bills of the indigent, there should be some proof of indigency, don't you think? I don't know what they'll do about the money in mattresses.

gdog: Then why does the government want to take control of it and regulate it ???
    I'm sure they want to FORCE every citizen to HAVE health insurance and an internet ID because it is for our own good.
    The gov. works through hospitals and doctors for Medicare. It doesn't control the hospitals and doctors.
    That's the VA system. And every person getting health insurance is supposed to reduce the use of emergency rooms by people who are paying nothing right now.
    The new health reform law will also require Congress members to get their insurance through the medical exchanges just like everyone else. That couldn't have anything to do with Republican dislike of the law, could it? rofl

Oh, look gdog. Someone already knows about the anonymous chain letter you got about the new health care law.
    http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/twe...about-hr-3200/
    Consult claim p.59
    Last edited by maxx; January-10-11 at 02:40 PM.

gdogslim Guest

So you are 100% for the government to have total control over your life, that's nice.
    You also must have been 100% for the patriot act and the national id card right?

I have a good idea, How about all registered democrats are required to have forced government health care and they have to pay $3,000.00 per year taken out of their paychecks or bank account.
    Because many are for it we all know they won't have a problem with it.
    Republicans can opt out and be free to choose the free market.

VA system is a joke.

You should really stop posting here. It is obvious that you are misinformed on almost every issue there is. Why not do a little research instead of cut & pasting everything that arrives in your inbox.

So you are 100% for the government to have total control over your life, that's nice.
    You also must have been 100% for the patriot act and the national id card right?

I have a good idea, How about all registered democrats are required to have forced government health care and they have to pay $3,000.00 per year taken out of their paychecks or bank account.
    Because many are for it we all know they won't have a problem with it.
    Republicans can opt out and be free to choose the free market.

VA system is a joke.

gdogslim Guest

I'm sorry, I didn't know you wanted to get into the discussion mr. helper.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfgr...eature=related

What is it that i am wrong about?
    + ID cards for surfing the net
    + Feds having real time bank access to all transactions
    + Gov't controlled health care deciding what and when you can receive for how much
    + Regulated speech on radio, tv, internet [[if it passes) [[don't forget cap and trade disaster)
    = A Soft Tyranny [[that may turn into Totalitarianism)

All of the above!!!

i'm sorry, i didn't know you wanted to get into the discussion mr. Helper.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfgr...eature=related

what is it that i am wrong about?
    + id cards for surfing the net
    + feds having real time bank access to all transactions
    + gov't controlled health care deciding what and when you can receive for how much
    + regulated speech on radio, tv, internet [[if it passes) [[don't forget cap and trade disaster)
    = a soft tyranny [[that may turn into totalitarianism)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast