Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Who's Buying Tiger's Season Tix?

I just bought a partial season ticket plan for cheaper than I would have thought.

I believe these boys are going to compete and I want to be there for it.

So..anyone else thinking about buying full or partial season tickets?

What's the cost?

We get tickets every year. We started out in the nosebleed section. Moved to 215 and now are in 127a right behind home plate. We are finally in the nifty seats with the patio tables and padded chairs. You get older and feel you deserve those comforts. The days of sweltering in the sun are behind us. I want to say the tickets are about $60 per seat/per game. We got the Friday package and sell some of the games to pay for our parking! It definately is "crazy money" but we have no other vices and save all year to see our Tigers!! [[I took this picture in 2009.)
    Name:  rsz_tiger_001_a.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  55.3 KB

See...we're newbs to buying tix. We bought the Friday night package for $615.00..seats not very good, section 339 row 4. $22 a game.

One day hopefully we can aspire to have good seats like SCS! Baby steps!

Every game we attended, we would walk down to the patio seats and dream. We would dream of the day when we got too old to climb stairs, too old to sit in the baking sun, too old [[lazy and old might be interchangeable here) to get up and get our own hot dogs and imagine ourselves sitting on the railing with enough room on the table for a piece of Sanders cake that was delivered to us while watching Pudge and his cute behind.[[OK, so I watched Pudge and we shared the cake!) Life IS good in Detroit!

I just purchased my first partial season ticket package. A Friday 15 game package in section 119 [[Visitor's infield box). I was informed that no infield box third base side pairs were available in the package that I desired. I am actually happy with my seats, as I have stared in the sun many times while being seated in Skybox, etc. I recall one game last summer where I couldn't comfortably see the infield until the 7th inning [[sun finally setting over the western fringe), and by then the Tigers already trailed by several runs. The view from the first baseline should be much more favorable during those long summer evenings. My ticket cost was $54 per seat. Prior to this, I usually would make five or six games a year. April can't come soon enough!!! Go Tigers!!