Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I cried for Bobby in 68

Campaining on a platform for peace and justice, the 42 year old senator from New York was viewed by many as the candidate who could bridge the gap among the races and our nation's best hope for an honorable withdrawl from an unpopular war.
    Last edited by Bigb23; May-10-09 at 02:57 PM.

ccbatson Guest

a lament about something that happened 40 years ago?? Any contextual information that might let the reader in on why you are bringing it up now?

C c, you are on my ignore list, please leave a relevant dropping.

ccbatson Guest

Oh...yeah, how is that ignore feature working out? I think my 6 year old has a better method in which she covers her ears and chants "lalalala"...she still hears everything she is supposedly ignoring, but it appears to have an effect.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Oh...yeah, how is that ignore feature working out? I think my 6 year old has a better method in which she covers her ears and chants "lalalala"...she still hears everything she is supposedly ignoring, but it appears to have an effect.
    It works quite well for me. I'm not ignoring you. It's almost like a train wreck though. You just have to watch.
    Your 6 year old has probably learned that behavior from you, unfortunately. I see it on thread after thread.

ccbatson Guest

Something that you are not doing is working well for you?? Does that make any sense...even to the person typing it out?

Stosh Guest

Use common sense. Somthing that you are clearly lacking. I am not ignoring you. Maybe I should though. It's probably far more profitable, in the peace of mind category, to ignore a non-entity such as yourself spout blather all day.

Ccbatson steamers. Thank You. : )

ccbatson Guest

"It works quite well for me" Responding to my question "How is that ignore feature working out?" ...followed by "I am not ignoring you" Who is not using common sense here?

Stosh Guest

On topic... I think that Bobby's death set this country back about 20 years in progress on so many levels. The war was just a small piece of it. Hopefully that Obama can bring about more of a similar agenda soon. It would have been better if we could have had it happen then though.

Stosh Guest

I'll start using common sense when you do. The whole premise was, "It works well for me". It does. And I use it. But not on you. At least not yet. Get your head out of your behind.

ccbatson Guest

LOL...Obama is pushing the military action in Afghanistan and Pakistan as we speak. He is going along with the phase out of Iraq that is following the victory afforded by the surge under GWB...that he [[Obama) opposed. Good luck with your hopes of a BK revival...just don't hold your breath.

Stosh Guest

I never figured you to be an Obama apologist. Go figure. Strange bedfellows. He's doing what Bush could not. And even then, He's not doing it! Pakistan is. And no one ever said that Kennedy wouldn't have either.

and when was Barry Goldwater? and Reagan? as cited by our consevrative bro's...Bobby Kenndy lke so many other great men and women...live today through their ideals and values they left beyond. so in camps ideals transend time...but that is fair for all philosophies

cheddar bob Guest

I'm reading "I Heard You Paint Houses" right now. Hoffa did not like RFK whatsoever, and the feeling was probably mutual. I see it is going to be turned into a movie.

I supported McGovern against Humphrey although Eugene McCarthy was also quite acceptable. Then Kennedy, capitalizing on his name, jumped in and split the anti-war vote three ways. He hadn't earned the accolade of being the anti-war candidate.

Jimmy Hoffa doubled the wages of Teamsters during his short time as the head of the Teamsters. Hoffa was too independent for Bobby Kennedy. Hoffa and the Teamsters lost.

a lament about something that happened 40 years ago?? Any contextual information that might let the reader in on why you are bringing it up now?

I was wondering the same thing?

Neo-cons continuously lament the loss of their dear leader Reagan every election cycle, why should progressives be any different?

ccbatson Guest

For one thing...if liberals want radical progressives, Obama is far more radical than RFK was.

Stosh Guest

Once again, unable to prove your feeble assertions. Give some facts? Not possible. You can't compare damage control from the previous 8 years to a radical agenda. we've experienced radicalism, in the Bush administration. Progressiveism is NOT a bad thing. At the very least, we are getting a government that is doing things FOR us, in contrast to doing things TO us.

ccbatson Guest

I think this is the first time we agree. Time will tell if they [[the American people) like what they voted for.

For one thing...if liberals want radical progressives, Obama is far more radical than RFK was.
    that is almost funny. Obama is barely a moderate progressive. you know nothing of what progressives are except what your fat little puppetmaster tells you about it

ccbatson Guest

First, I have no puppetmaster. Second, I have not had a chance to listen to Rush in many months now. Third, if you read between the very thinly veiled lines of what Obama is saying and doing, it is clear what his ideology is...Marxist.

if you read between the very thinly veiled lines of what Obama is saying and doing, it is clear what his ideology is...Marxist.
    Maybe your just not used to a president who can actually articulate a sentence?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast