Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Little Big Change coming to DetroitYES

Dear DetroitYES Forum Members,

May you and our beloved Detroit-Windsor metropolis have a great new year.

In the very new future, we will be doing an upgrade of the vBulletin forum software to version 4. The differences to you will be primarily in appearance and improvement of functions. No new registration or actions on your part will be required.

In particular the process of adding an image directly from your computer is greatly eased. Rather than have to go to Advanced, then doing an attachment upload, then inserting the image, the new version process is direct and can even be done in Quick Reply. It will appear similar to this:
    Name:  vb4Pics.jpg
Views: 1873
Size:  61.4 KB

We moved Soulful Detroit to version 4 a few month ago. The above screen snap is from www.SoulfulDetroit.com/forum . If you visit there you will get an idea of how thing will work and appear. Of course you would need to be registered if you wish to post on that forum. As with that forum, we will have a Sandbox forum for your testing purposes.

So if you login one day and things look unfamiliar, you are advised.

Naturally there will be a few bumps and hiccups as we get it tweaked out. So bear with us.

Enjoy and thank you all for your posts that have made this forum so wonderful and informative.

Lowell

Thanks, Lowell, for all that you do! Looking forward to the new layout.

YAY! Mr. Boileau

LodgeDodger Guest

Lowell, you can be honest with us: Gannon broke it the other day, and now you're forced to fix it...

Is there a messaging aspect to the posts to notify someone when their post has been responded to?

Hey Lowell, thank you for your continued improvements to this great resource & community.

Is there any chance we can get an iPhone/mobile "Skin" for the website? I love to read DYes on the go but the layout makes it difficult to load & browse on a mobile browser or iPhone. I am pretty sure there are some vBulletin mobile skins out there but I am not an expert. It'd be a wonderful feature to be able to view & post conveniently via a mobile device.

Thanks,Lowell! And Happy New Year! Keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    Hey Lowell, thank you for your continued improvements to this great resource & community.

Is there any chance we can get an iPhone/mobile "Skin" for the website? I love to read DYes on the go but the layout makes it difficult to load & browse on a mobile browser or iPhone. I am pretty sure there are some vBulletin mobile skins out there but I am not an expert. It'd be a wonderful feature to be able to view & post conveniently via a mobile device.
    Yes we are working on that. However with iPhone, which I use, the current forum reads very well if you do this trick. Open a thread then flip your phone sideways for wide view. Then double tap on the thread and the thread portion will fill the screen and be easy to read. The sidebars disappear off screen. I can both read and manage the forum easily from my iPhone.

Still we look forward to making a dedicated mobile skin. Also vBulletin is working on an iPhone app, they have one for their site already, so we may get license to that.

Lowell,let me know about the iPhone app.I have an iPhone,too

Thanks Lowell.

I ask for nothing else.... Happy New Year

Bully I say!

<<worried look>> I dunno...."if it works, don't fix it!"

13. Default

Ray, don't worry you've made it this far!

Merci monsieur Boileau pour votre travail formidable! Vous m'aidez à aimer cette ville adoptive et ses habitants. Ce forum va demeurer comme un témoignage précieux, une archive essentielle pour comprendre l'histoire récente de Détroit.

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Lowell,let me know about the iPhone app.I have an iPhone,too
    Still in development by vBulletin, but here is a peek.

I think for $250 you can get forum runner, which is a simmilar app we use at Satelliteguys.us

Lowell-very nice!

Lowell is it possible to contact you or you contact me ? Thanks

Lowell, for quite some time I've noticed that post times are one hour ahead - [[All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 PM.).
    Is your server in Nova Scotia ? Just wondering why the post times are not Detroit/Eastern time.