Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Charles Pugh's Mystery Fund Dissolved

An interesting story from WXYZ Investigators:

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_n...ng-headache%22

Thank goodness for alert reporters and managment willing to allow them to follow through on these investigations.

Pugh has been tagged as one of the bad guys from the start.

He is part of the Kilpatrick/Cheeks/McNamara group...a HUGE part of the problem.

I think the citizens who care should start a recall campaign.

Default This dude needs a good woman...

...to straighten his shit out. Nomsain.

Pugh is not ready for primetime. Pay attention to his voting record while on council. See who or what entity he swing his vote behind.

Default "You're An Idiot"

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    ...to straighten his shit out. Nomsain.
    Besides the fact that you have a stupid moniker....
    you also make stupid comments.
    Keep your 'Gay Bashing' statements where they belong
    In the gutter.
    Know what I'm saying?
    You keep a watch on what these people are doing with our city,
    our money, and our future, that's fine, you [[we) should.
    But what he does in his personal time, is his PERSONAL business, period.

The guys a tool, seen it right off.
    Anyone associated with KK has to go, next up Anthony Adams

I am glad that he's being stopped before catching a full-groove with the matter-of-fact, 'my turn' fund diversion set up which seems to be a privileged and accepted behavior from many in city government. Get a clue! There's no money left to rob!!! Live off of your 'salary' like others choose to do!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Thank goodness for alert reporters and managment willing to allow them to follow through on these investigations.

Pugh has been tagged as one of the bad guys from the start.

He is part of the Kilpatrick/Cheeks/McNamara group...a HUGE part of the problem.

I think the citizens who care should start a recall campaign.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-06-11 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Live off of you salary like others choose to do!!!!!!!!!
    Amen. It's not like a Detroit city councilman makes chump change either.

bizarre.. but maybe for the best that he divested from this now considering what is happening with the federal probes..

Okay, but does dissolving it mean he gave back the remaining funds, or does he get to just keep it and spend the rest as he pleases? If he collected the money for one stated reason, then decides against it after spending part of the money, does that mean he can just go shopping with the rest and call it a day?

Is it legal for Charles Pugh to use campaign money for traveling and the such? I had always thought that the residence of the city of Detroit should had not voted for him to be president. What a mistake they had made.

NorthEndere Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Is it legal for Charles Pugh to use campaign money for traveling and the such?
    Yes. According to Michigan's Campaign Finance Act, campaign funds can be used for travel, lodging, meals, etc...either by the officeholder, themselves, or their immediate family or even a staff member. Michigan has some of the nation's looser campaign finance laws, and with the Supreme Courts recent ruling allowing even more money and leeway, I don't see that changing any time soon.