Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default hey D Yessers....

It's been a minute since anyone has hosted this time honored game. So with that being said....here is another installment of who am ?
    Last edited by Detroit Stylin; January-04-11 at 09:40 PM.

A self portrait in stone by a stoned Dubya giving a state of the union address.

Um, is that one of the many lovely faces on that wonderful Albert Kahn designed Maccabees building on Woodward near Warren WSU area? [[Former DPS admin. headquarters/ WDET building?) Or maybe I'm just sleepy...... too tired to even-nnn check. I'ma' just go from memory..........
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    It's been a minute since anyone has hosted this time honored game. So with that being said....here is another installment of who am ?
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-05-11 at 12:29 AM.

It says under your statement "maccabessmall.pny".

Oh, I see the photo file name gives it away--but it does not show up in my browser, I had to download it just now to see it! And I did NOT check that last night! I honestly guessed correct!! ------ What prize do I get!!!!! LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Russix View Post
    It says under your statement "maccabessmall.pny".
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-05-11 at 10:51 AM.

Chuck La Chez Guest

Looks like Joe Jackson to me.

Great thread title ...

bartock Guest

Is it Han Solo?

LOL yeah it was after the fact that I realized that the file named shows up and there was nothing I could do about it....

I know now however so stand by for the next puzzle..

LOL yeah it was after the fact that I realized that the file named shows up and there was nothing I could do about it....

Don't feel bad, some of this stuff is pretty technical.

Chuck La Chez Guest

I don't see the name. Who is it?

It was the the Maccabes Building in Midtown....

So I guess my next question is this....with all the symbolism of the Knights Templar that adore that building, what connection is there between it and the Masonic Temple if not the Masons themselves if any?

Chuck La Chez Guest

It was the the Maccabes Building in Midtown....
    LOL. I thought we were guessing the person's face.

Yeah, just don't name the image file the name of the building and you'll be all set. I could not see the name just looking at the post using Firefox on an Apple Mac though......

So I guess my next question is this....with all the symbolism of the Knights Templar that adore that building, what connection is there between it and the Masonic Temple if not the Masons themselves if any?
    The answer is Freemasonry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights...r_[[Freemasonry)

when did the maccabees cross polinate with the knights templar?

as far as the carving, who or what is it suppose to represent? Did the Maccabees have a specific leader during their quixotic stand?