Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Atwater Brewery tap room in Foxtown

Anyone have any updates on the new Atwater tap room in Foxtown? Been a while since I heard anything, so I figured it's just like everything else - issues with red tape and financing...

Here's the last info from the Atwater site:
    http://www.atwaterbeer.com/tasting-and-happenings/

Can't wait for this to open! [[assuming it ever does...)

Quote Originally Posted by jtw View Post
    Anyone have any updates on the new Atwater tap room in Foxtown? Been a while since I heard anything, so I figured it's just like everything else - issues with red tape and financing...

Here's the last info from the Atwater site:
    http://www.atwaterbeer.com/tasting-and-happenings/

Can't wait for this to open! [[assuming it ever does...)
    Currently, the exterior of the old Johnny Rocket's space just has Fox Theater ads covering the windows. No way to tell what the inside looks like unless you know someone.

Seems a waste to get it up and running before the season opener. Wait for spring?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Seems a waste to get it up and running before the season opener. Wait for spring?
    I think a soft opening prior to the season would be best. Perhaps limited hours/menu to allow them to work out the kinks

Thanks for posting this thread... I had no idea about this project, but I can't wait! I love Michigan craft beer. There is no question that this place is going to be a smashing success.

Can you drink and eat at their original tap room in their brewery again? It was supposedly closed, and I've been patiently waiting for the new locale to open.

No, I believe they closed the tap room/ restaurant at the brewery on Jos Campau a while ago. Atwater does a fair amount of distribution, especially in other states, so this is their effort at reopening a pub. The old one was probably a money sink [[despite my best efforts).

As it stands, Atwater is the only decent beer besides Oberon that you can find in Comerica Park. Here's hoping!

Posted today on their Facebook page in reply to somebody that can't wait for the new location to open.

I think Wednesday-Saturday from like 5-10 PM, you can actually grab a beer right from their brewery on Jose Campau. I did this back in early November. Needless to say, it was awesome. No frills, just a tiny little bar in the middle of a huge warehouse that smells thick of hops. Not sure if they are still doing it, but if someone finds out, let me know.

From their website:

“Our tap room is now located in our brewery space. Stop by for a cold one Wednesday thru Saturday from 4-11 p.m. You can’t get any food back there, but who needs it when beer is on the menu?”

In my opinion the new taproom is way better. I like watching the brew masters work and every once and a while they will sit down with the customers and explain how we don't know shit about beer. Very informative.

So it's been a couple more months, and Tigers Opening Day is a couple short weeks away. Anyone in the know about the Atwater taproom? No recent news on the website or on their facebook info page.

Ah - a bit more digging. Seems they're pretty active on the facebook front [[much more than their own site). Here's a recent post:

"Have you guys opened your new location?"
    Not yet, finalizing location and opening date. Stay tuned!March 12 at 11:13am