Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ever Wonder WHY You Had to Report Your Retirement Savings?

Wonder no longer.

The time has arrived for the powers-that-be to empty out security and safety and comfort...from those who have played by the rules all of their lives.

There will be those who say, that is Europe, it will never happen here.

I stand waiting for that 'never' to arrive any day now, fully expecting the worst from the same government who loaded our future generations with debt over wars founded on false premises.

There ARE no winners of war, save the bankers and producers of war materials. They are enemies of humankind.

I just heard that blowhard on the TakeAway boast gleefully that the national debt is something like 17 trillion dollars and WE all had a part in it.

Fuck him and his analysis, if he didn't take a stand against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the idiocy of Vietnam before that...and the 'war' on drugs and terror.

Say goodbye to your pensions and your carefully planned cozy retirement future. Or rise UP and destroy this system of injustice.

Take a stand. Make a difference.

Ravine Guest

I think you should write a letter to the I.R.S., telling them that you have no intentions, whatsoever, of handing over even so much as a nickel of income tax, should the occasion for that subject to arise ever arrive. Give them a piece of your mind, and make sure that your name & address are printed clearly and prominently.

In other words, You First.

OK.

It won't be hard, one of my old fraternity brothers is a very public figure with them.

Actually, my first salvo is exactly my post above.

Words have power, doncha know?!

You DO know that taxes go to the Federal Reserve Bank, right?!

They are not Federal, they are private.

You DO know they were founded in the darkness of congress's holiday recess a century ago, right?!

You DO know it is ALL a scam for war-mongers to accumulate all the wealth on the planet...right?!

Can you see the game being played upon us all?! There is little difference between the nations and ideologies and religions...they care about the lowly only for what we can produce for them, and grant us only the comforts and conveniences ENOUGH to keep us from attempting to break free from this foolishness?!

Perhaps I need more coffee...

So what are you doing to rise up and destroy this system of injustice, take a stand and make a difference again? Still not completely clear.

And how will its destruction protect our "by the rules" savings?

I really think the world economy is going to take care of the destruction without our help, just wait til the dollar is no longer the world standard. It isn't too far in the future, if my antennae are right.

I have a cousin. His name is Schubert Mundt. Some years ago, he was wrapped up with the idea that he was not a citizen of the United States; rather, he was a citizen of the State of Michigan. Thus, he owed no federal taxes and, indeed, did not pay.

IRS took him and his defense to court, of course, and he lost big time. Ended up doing a couple of years in Leavenworth. [[Google "US v Mundt" for the details).

Bottom line? Don't fight windmills.

This goes back toTeresa Ghilarducci floating a 2008 trial ballon about confiscating retirement savings because they were unfair and “humans often lack the foresight, discipline, and investing skills required to sustain a savings plan.” Her original idea was that the government would protect us from investing mistakes by harboring our retirement accounts and paying off 3% above whatever the government claimed the inflation rate is. The money would remain the property of the individual and would be dispensed at whatever rate the government chose. Any money left over after it's owner died would be split equally between the deceased's loved ones and the government.

This brought about such an outrage that later proposals leaned more toward just instituting a new program similar to Social Security into which mandatory deposits were made and just for present workers.

What the government would get out of such Ponzi scheme proposals is a huge new source of borrowed revenue such as Social Security money which goes into the general revenue hopper and is paid back later with future earners incomes.

http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclu...-accounts.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Wonder no longer.

The time has arrived for the powers-that-be to empty out security and safety and comfort...from those who have played by the rules all of their lives.

I stand waiting for that 'never' to arrive any day now, fully expecting the worst from the same government who loaded our future generations with debt over wars founded on false premises.

There ARE no winners of war, save the bankers and producers of war materials. They are enemies of humankind.

I just heard that blowhard on the TakeAway boast gleefully that the national debt is something like 17 trillion dollars and WE all had a part in it.

Fuck him and his analysis, if he didn't take a stand against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the idiocy of Vietnam before that...and the 'war' on drugs and terror.

Say goodbye to your pensions and your carefully planned cozy retirement future. Or rise UP and destroy this system of injustice.

I love you Gannon! [[Am I supposed to write a qualifier here so people don't get the wrong idea?)

Wonder no longer.

It all starts with a mindset.

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    So what are you doing to rise up and destroy this system of injustice, take a stand and make a difference again? Still not completely clear.
    More than making sarcastic comments on Internet forums all day, I hope.

DetroitDad Guest

Wonder no longer.

I got your back Gannon! Let's set this off right! Let's do this! I'm in!