Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Stanley T. Mad Hatter has passed

Detroits legendary rock n roll Emcee Stanley T. Mad Hatter has left the building. He apparently left us last night.
    I met Stan back in the 80s when I was a bouncer at the Nectarine Ballroom. I would go hang out with him in the DJ booth and have a smoke with him most nights. He always had a boatload of candy spread out next to the lighting equipment he tended to. He was a Brother.

Sorry for the loss of your friend and brother.

http://www.retrokimmer.com/

I hear he has no family to claim him, how sad.

Stanley was a character and a very nice guy.

ORF, I was wondering about that, In the many years Ive known Stan Ive never heard him speak of any family. Do you know of anyone who might be in charge of a memorial service? Where did you get the info you did? I wrote Kim Heron at the Metro Times hoping they might put together some kind of spread on him, but I hope he gets a proper send off. Stan the Man is not someone who should be forgotten.

Default Stanley T. Zillifro

I remember Stan from the Grande Daze many moons ago. A real character, warm and sincere. I ran into him at Leni Sinclair's tribute and he was still the same Mad Hatter, dispensing magic herbs and spices...

Default Stanley T. Mad Hatter has passed

Mitch Ryder: "Last time I saw him was over the summer at the premier of Blank Generation in Ann Arbor. He seemed fine and did not indicate that he was having any serious health problems, so this is certainly suprising. My history with Stanley goes back to 1969, so naturally this is a sad occasion. I am distressed and curious. Does anyone have the details of how he passed?"

Stanley The Madhatter dies; friends fondly remember local rock-and-roll icon

Toolbox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    i hear he has no family to claim him, how sad.
    zillifro is survived by his parents in florida and a brother. His close friends, the artist carl lundgren and his wife, michele, are planning a memorial service for him.

Sounds like it was as he wished. Bless.

Stanley was always a calming presence at Bohouse functions. He will be missed. Long may he run.

http://detnews.com/article/20110105/...or-rock-greats

He MC'ed a show I saw at the Pike Room just a few months ago. Motor City Blog recorded it and put it out on vinyl. www.motorcityblog.com for more info on that.