Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Go Lions! Four in a Row?!

Finally something to cheer about! Good luck next year, fellas!

Over the years my kids have heard me screaming in the basement or backyard as I watched or listened to the Lions. They ask me, "Why do you do that dad?" I tell them it's family tradition, my dad did it for years and now it's my turn. Anyway I have to say that my oldest son and I listened to the game and it makes my day when they win. Four in a row and two of them on the road is like the Super Bowl for me.

I yell at my computer. The chance of seeing a Lions game out here in the Pacific Northleft is nill.....

Question, though. I said all last year that the Lions were a much improved team, and I'm seeing some evidence of that. Commentators today said the Lions were "next year's sleeper team" and things like that. Is there a realistic expectation [[given what you've seen) that they might make a playoff berth?

Hey send this over to the sports forum, we need something to talk about over there.

I have not only been rockin' my Lions hat with pride these days but have not had to defend my choice of headgear to anyone.

Yay we're 6-10. Go Wings!

I have faith in The Schwartz!

You guys are late to the party. We've been pumping up the Leo's over on the sports forum for months now. See ya next season. Go Wings.

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    I yell at my computer. The chance of seeing a Lions game out here in the Pacific Northleft is nill.....

Question, though. I said all last year that the Lions were a much improved team, and I'm seeing some evidence of that. Commentators today said the Lions were "next year's sleeper team" and things like that. Is there a realistic expectation [[given what you've seen) that they might make a playoff berth?
    LOL there most likely wont be a season next year

I watched about 3-4 minutes of the Lion's game today. Probably more than the last ten seasons combined. I'm not a big fan of pro sports, but it would be fun to see the Lion's win a few more and contend for a super-dooper-pooper bowl.

I was perfectly fine with them finishing the season with 4 straight competitive losses and ending up with one of the top two picks. Then next season [[whenever that might be) stepping up & winning. Now they dropped to the 13th pick. Ok. Do something with this 4 game streak! GO LIONS!

Most cities would be livid with a team that only won 4 games..but here they are considered champions..the saga contiues...maybe next year we will win 5 games and we can have a parade down woodward!...Lions owner and management must be nuked and rebuilt. Ilitch should sell the Tigers and buy the Lions

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ja!mz View Post
    Most cities would be livid with a team that only won 4 games..but here they are considered champions..the saga contiues...maybe next year we will win 5 games and we can have a parade down woodward!...Lions owner and management must be nuked and rebuilt. Ilitch should sell the Tigers and buy the Lions
    Wow, yeah bc the Lions only won 4 games this year......Actually they just won 4 straight and were considered the 2nd hottest team in the NFL right now behind New England. And the best part about it? They did it with a lot of starters on IR. They also in the last few weeks spoiled a playoff spot for Tampa Bay and almost spoiled one for Green Bay. It's not like they were playing unmeaningful games.

Thanks for keeping up the tradition on this board by commenting on something you know nothing about and did no research on [[ps the lions had more then 4 wins)

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    Wow, yeah bc the Lions only won 4 games this year......Actually they just won 4 straight and were considered the 2nd hottest team in the NFL right now behind New England. And the best part about it? They did it with a lot of starters on IR. They also in the last few weeks spoiled a playoff spot for Tampa Bay and almost spoiled one for Green Bay. It's not like they were playing unmeaningful games.

Thanks for keeping up the tradition on this board by commenting on something you know nothing about and did no research on [[ps the lions had more then 4 wins)
    Gladly..have another Hot n Ready

I hope the Red Wings make it to the world cup...

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ja!mz View Post
    Gladly..have another Hot n Ready
    LOLuMad Bro?

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    LOLuMad Bro?
    Yeah I'm mad I just bought a Hot n Ready pizza!

The Detroit Lions won 4 in a row. Let's just not forget why they won 4 in a row.

It's all about the Good Luck Charm.

http://warrendale.blogspot.com/2011/...arrendale.html

It's about time.