Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: The Rink

Default The Rink

Is it true that the ice skating rink at Campus Martius is bigger than the rink in front of Rockefeller Center in Manhattan. The one in New York looks bigger to me.

It's true.

Don't be fooled! The Rockefeller Center rink is T-I-N-Y. If I had to guess, it's half the size of a regulation hockey rink.

That, and it's something like $16 to skate, last time I was there.

If you bring your own skates do they charge at Campus Martius or is there a admission regardless?

The one in Chicago at "the bean" [[Centennial Park?) is huge, much larger than an olympic size rink.

From an archived DYES post:

Campus Martius - 120'x 64'=7680 sq.ft.
    Rockefeller Center - 122'x 59'=7198 sq.ft.

@mikeg19...it is $7 admission and an additional $3 to rent skates.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    If you bring your own skates do they charge at Campus Martius or is there a admission regardless?
    But really....if you bring your own skates you can get in for free. The staff is a bunch of kids...and no one even looks at your wrist band. Not that I condone it. I pay because I like to support it.

mccormick tribune memorial ice rink, I think, is the chicago one and it is big, and free. there is also a much larger rink in central park