Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Buy American Guest

Default Kodachrome Film processing comes to an end...

Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/30/us...m.html?_r=1&hp

I saw that on a railfan forum the other day. I wonder if this means the phrase "Kodachrome Sky" will disapear.....

The next generation will be clueless as to what Paul Simon is singing about.

I don't believe that they are the last ones in the world processing Kodachrome. I believe in 3rd world countries they are still doing it that was. The compact cassette is also still very popular over there.

And this companystill has a major office in the Hague.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; December-31-10 at 12:11 PM.

I have a couple of Kodachrome slides from the early 1940s yet that Dad took. The color is as sharp as ever. Here's one of them from 1943. Subject is a guy named Jake Bentler who lived on Pettibone Lake in Highland Township, Oakland county. Ran a beer store in Milford.

Kodachrome is noted for it's stability. I have some Ektachrome slides from the 60's that have colour shifted so badly they'd probably pass for black and whites.

Mama, please don't take my Kodachrome away.