Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Viewing Fox News leads to Ignorance

http://www.yelp.com/topic/portland-a...nn-news-viewer

It is reported by CS Monitor if you can get on their site.

This is not new news.
    http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pi...ity_bt/102.php
    "...Those who primarily watch Fox News are significantly more likely to have misperceptions, while those who primarily listen to NPR or watch PBS are significantly less likely..."
    Last edited by maxx; December-30-10 at 02:28 PM.

Or does ignorance lead to viewing Fox News?

Yes and Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Or does ignorance lead to viewing Fox News?
    Exactly the question I was going to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Yes and Yes.
    Answered. Succinctly. Thank you.

I kind of like Ann Coulter thoughts on life though. She is a classy dame in a dumb clucky kinda way.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201101280016
    Who is Fox's Latest Global Warming Expert Brian Sussman?

Sussman Said Katrina Victims Were "Knuckleheads" Who "Didn't Decide To Evacuate.

Sussman Says Obama Was "Running For Antichrist" And Smeared Obama's Faith.

Sussman: "Gay And Lesbian Radicals Actively Recruit Through Our School. etc.

He sounds like a fine source of objective info on global warming. lol

And watching MSNBC and CNN don't? There isn't a trustworthy news source out there.

I travel for a living and just spent a week in Kuwait, Qatar and Thailand in my hotel I read the local papers and watched the local news and also had the BBC and Australian and fox news stations and I have to say hands down Fox was the worst. I actually agreed with much of what fox said but it was so to the right and one sided and pushed all day. BBC was the best they told the facts with no leaning to the left or right kinda like your old Walter Cronkite news. Surprisingly Kuwait city had a very good morning news paper better then what most American cities have.
    After traveling its sickening to see how far some or most popular American news stations are leaning to the left or right I just want the facts to make my own decisions

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    And watching MSNBC and CNN don't? There isn't a trustworthy news source out there.
    Because you can't do a left wing wacko "study" on the three people that actually watch MSNBC. Also the control group of ten viewers for CNN doesn't count either.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln8740 View Post
    Because you can't do a left wing wacko "study" on the three people that actually watch MSNBC. Also the control group of ten viewers for CNN doesn't count either.
    LOL... sounds like someone just proved the Original Posters point....
    Last edited by Gistok; February-01-11 at 02:20 PM.

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    LOL... sounds like someone just proved the Original Posters point....
    yes the millions upon millions of Americans who watch Fox news every night are all ignorant. Maybe we should all watch Olberman instead--oh wait.........

Uh oh. It's on.

Anyone else want some popcorn?

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln8740 View Post
    yes the millions upon millions of Americans who watch Fox news every night are all ignorant. Maybe we should all watch Olberman instead--oh wait.........
    Yes, he got canned for supporting a political party. pretty much the opposite of what Faux News would do

Which does a better job of pretending to be a legitimate news organization? ONN or Fox News?

We need a poll.

"Hi. I'm Chris Hansen, with NBC News Dateline. We saw you watching FOX news last week and I'd like to ask you............"

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    "...FAIR also asserted that in a study of a 19 week period from January 2001 to May 2001 the ratio of conservative guests to liberals on Special Report with Brit Hume was 50:6, and obtained similar data from other Fox shows.[23] ..."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_Channel_controversies#Accusations_of_bias

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    "Hi. I'm Chris Hansen, with NBC News Dateline. We saw you watching FOX news last week and I'd like to ask you............"
    Good one Ray1936 - chuckle, chuckle.

In my quest to redefine smart, I watch Fox periodically to hear different views. With practice one can sometimes argue both sides of a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    In my quest to redefine smart, I watch Fox periodically to hear different views. With practice one can sometimes argue both sides of a debate.
    I like most people like to hear both sides of an argument but the problem I have with Fox are the lies and misrepresentations I hear, in other words I can't trust their information.

It's probably better to stay away from cable news for any real news just political opinion. Network news is most likely a better bet.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I like most people like to hear both sides of an argument but the problem I have with Fox are the lies and misrepresentations I hear, in other words I can't trust their information.

It's probably better to stay away from cable news for any real news just political opinion. Network news is most likely a better bet.
    I hear far more lies and misrepresentations when I listen to CNN and MSNBC than I do on Fox. I will watch Fox more simply because even though they are far more conservative and Republican, it's not eaasy to find a show where people are debating where there aren't liberal Democrats on at the same time. It's very rare that the other channels to that, and when they do, their so called 'conservative' rarely seems conservative.

I'm still chuckling over the Fox News's story about Obama's $2 Billion Dollar trip to India and Asia... some middling Indian beaurocrat said it could cost his country so-and-so for protection... and someone at Fox News used that unchecked figure and some fuzzy math and came up with a hilarious $2 billion.... and then chuckleheads Hannity, Beck and Co.... got their viewers into an uproar over this story... which then took on a life of its' own....

Funny how Fox News takes the word of a middling Indian beaurocrat so seriously... but I guess it fits their agenda....

Just look at what Roger Ailes says, and you'll know why Fox is what it is. And Ailes is Fox News.

What do you think Fox News is? It's conservative baised propaganda filled with lots of double talk, bloggers and revolutions for the origarchy. I NEVER WATCH IT AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU ALL!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast