Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Chuck Daly RIP

Default Chuck Daly RIP

I'm sorry to hear of that, I have many good memories of the playoffs and that era.

R.I.P. Daddy Rich.

4. Default

Total.
    Class.
    Act.

RIP Chuck.

That sucks. Chuck was cool, had tons of class and was able to take people to the next level. I loved seeing him during the 2004 playoff run; he looked like he was having a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear of that, I have many good memories of the playoffs and that era.
    Same here. With Chuck Daly was the Piston's coach back in the day, the team was unbeatable for a two year run. He will be missed. Thank you Chuck for coaching our team and RIP.

RIP Chuck, you will be missed.

I'm not a big fan of professional sports, athletes and celebrities. In most cases I think they're way over rated. But Daly always reminded me of a positive, fun, character. I say character in the most 'character' sense, like he was a real 'character'.

Zeke, the Worm, Spider, the Microwave, Laim, Horn, Buddha....Bad Boys, Hammer Time: You can't touch this, the Jordan Rules, the rivalies: the Celtics, the Hawks, the Bulls and the Lakers and Daddy Rich was the coach. Chuck Daly inherited a team that couldn't fight its way out of a paper bag. Though the rise was slow, the Pistons were rising and once the Pistons got the pieces they needed they became an NBA eltie and the coach ended up being a hall of fame coach.

RIP Coach Daly, thanks for the Daly Double

R.I.P. Chuck. You're gone but not forgotten.

RIP Dapper Daly, thanks for the memories and the "Bad Boys" teams of the late 80s-early 90s that I so enjoyed watching. Chuck was the best Pistons coach of all-time, IMO.

I will miss you Chuck, you are the class act of class acts.

Big Daddy Rich.. The Smartest Dressed Man in town...And the very best Coach...I was lucky enough to be in the Arena..RIP

14. Default

RIP indeed.

Attachment 1108